Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $57.13
      BU:
      $54.60

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, BU raises to $6.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.75.

Flop: ($14.25) 9:club: , 4:spade: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $9.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23.25

I'm not sure how to play such situations. Should I 4-bet him or fold to resteal since AKo is difficult to play OOP without initiative?
  • 2 replies
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      CO vs button it wouldn't be a mistake to 4bet and get it in, it is a little bit annoying that the guy is 15/12 and isn't positionally aware (that his ORL is lower than his pfr), but 4 betting AK should still show a profit.

EDIT: just saw another hand of yours against the same guy, and he was 4 betting AQ when he opened in early position and you 3 bet him from blinds....clearly you can 4 bet AK for value here and often be even better than a coin flip against this guy.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      CO vs button it wouldn't be a mistake to 4bet and get it in, it is a little bit annoying that the guy is 15/12 and isn't positionally aware (that his ORL is lower than his pfr), but 4 betting AK should still show a profit.

EDIT: just saw another hand of yours against the same guy, and he was 4 betting AQ when he opened in early position and you 3 bet him from blinds....clearly you can 4 bet AK for value here and often be even better than a coin flip against this guy.
      +1
      I´m 4-bet/getting it all-in almost 100%.