This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Kk

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $112.95
      CO:
      $70.98

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.75, BU folds, Hero raises to $5.00, BB folds, CO calls $3.25.

Flop: ($10.50) 4:spade: , 8:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00, CO calls $7.00.

Turn: ($24.50) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($24.50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $24.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kh Kd)
      CO shows a pair of sevens (7c 7d)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kh Kd)

bet/fold turn? or check/call turn check/fold river?
  • 5 replies
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      its hard to get anymore value with the kings once the ace falls
      u can go for the check call line if u think u can catch a bluff or if he's valuebetting worse
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Bet/fold turn! I would put him on a weak overpair here that he initially called for set value (you're deep) and now doesn't want to let go of.
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Bet/fold turn! I would put him on a weak overpair here that he initially called for set value (you're deep) and now doesn't want to let go of.
      i guess if u put him on a weak overpair u should just go ahead bet and call it off cuz he's only drawing it 2 outs. i don't understadn the fold
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      3 bet more pre-flop i usually make it 6.5 minimum when out of position since you are slightly deeper you can make it even 7.

He has an A here just about never unless he is capable of floating you with A high, so the majority of his range 99-JJ since there are no draws, as he is drawing mostly to 2 outs no need to protect and betting again will fold them all out, so i prefer to c/c down, definately bet the river for value once he checks behind.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you´re more than 100bb deep I´d bet turn, just to balance every tiome when I´m doing that with complete garbage.
      Although I don´t expect to look up there by a lot worse hands it seems easier to play than c/c turn and then evaluate on the river.
      As played: I think you should bet on the river, you´re very often ahead there and he woudl likely call with with medioum pp.