Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $112.95
      CO:
      $70.98

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.75, BU folds, Hero raises to $5.00, BB folds, CO calls $3.25.

Flop: ($10.50) 4:spade: , 8:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00, CO calls $7.00.

Turn: ($24.50) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($24.50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $24.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kh Kd)
      CO shows a pair of sevens (7c 7d)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kh Kd)

bet/fold turn? or check/call turn check/fold river?
  • 5 replies
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      its hard to get anymore value with the kings once the ace falls
      u can go for the check call line if u think u can catch a bluff or if he's valuebetting worse
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Bet/fold turn! I would put him on a weak overpair here that he initially called for set value (you're deep) and now doesn't want to let go of.
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Bet/fold turn! I would put him on a weak overpair here that he initially called for set value (you're deep) and now doesn't want to let go of.
      i guess if u put him on a weak overpair u should just go ahead bet and call it off cuz he's only drawing it 2 outs. i don't understadn the fold
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      3 bet more pre-flop i usually make it 6.5 minimum when out of position since you are slightly deeper you can make it even 7.

He has an A here just about never unless he is capable of floating you with A high, so the majority of his range 99-JJ since there are no draws, as he is drawing mostly to 2 outs no need to protect and betting again will fold them all out, so i prefer to c/c down, definately bet the river for value once he checks behind.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you´re more than 100bb deep I´d bet turn, just to balance every tiome when I´m doing that with complete garbage.
      Although I don´t expect to look up there by a lot worse hands it seems easier to play than c/c turn and then evaluate on the river.
      As played: I think you should bet on the river, you´re very often ahead there and he woudl likely call with with medioum pp.