Best way to Grind up the $50? & Quickly get points?

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      What do other players feel is the best way to build up the $50 quickly and get points as fast as possible, I have heard people say that there are too many SSSers so I would think that BSS either SH or FR would be the best way to collect points quickly.

Anyone want to tell me if they have played BSS with like 5-10 buyins are the players that bad or will I be like flipping coins with this Micro BRM?

Iv played alittle bit of SH .01/.02 and the players just seem demented just wanted anyone who is playing .02/.04 or .05/.10 SH or FR with BSS thoughts on the general level of play.. I am playing in a bad timezone though GMT-9 people in germany are like 9 hours ahead of me so there isnt alot of traffic unless I can get on in the morning.
  • 16 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      What do other players feel is the best way to build up the $50 quickly and get points as fast as possible, I have heard people say that there are too many SSSers so I would think that BSS either SH or FR would be the best way to collect points quickly.

Anyone want to tell me if they have played BSS with like 5-10 buyins are the players that bad or will I be like flipping coins with this Micro BRM?

Iv played alittle bit of SH .01/.02 and the players just seem demented just wanted anyone who is playing .02/.04 or .05/.10 SH or FR with BSS thoughts on the general level of play.. I am playing in a bad timezone though GMT-9 people in germany are like 9 hours ahead of me so there isnt alot of traffic unless I can get on in the morning.
      I was reading your other thread in the FL section. Why don't you just play FL 0.10/20 to start. That level is very fishy. Average day for me is about $5-$10 over 300-400 hands played. After a couple of weeks you could move up to FL50 and earn more points there.

In NL some hands don't get raked and you don't earn any points. In FL almost every hand is raked. But I guess if you have two big stacks all in you could earn alot of points on a hand but I would assume that doesn't happen very often. I haven't played NL on mansion so I can't really say if that is the better game to play to earn alot of points or not. Heard the action is pretty tight.

Think germany is about five hours ahead of me. Have to wait so long to get on a table during peak times. Usually my mansion day starts at about 2200 hours mansion server time.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i have tried SSS on mansionpoker but found it impossible!

im now playing fixed limit and i find it amazing for my bankroll and mansionclubpoints :D

sooo many fish its insane! any minute of the day.. 2 fish per table minimum! sometimes 6!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O lol
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Yes the problem with mansion and ipoker is for NL players SSS isnt worth it and BSS just means you play against loads of SSS.
      But FL is the way forward!! I know you can play it well Pid ;) The FR 0.05/0.10 are so fishy i almost felt sorry for the players i was taking money from :P
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i feel sorry :( i got like 2 fish calling me to the showdown with absolutely nothing! queen high! its insane!! :P $$$$
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      SH is the way to go. Great on iPoker.

FR Is so nitty and full of shortstacks I waant to womit when I play it
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I figure if Im going to make it big some day, I must be able to learn to beat any type of player, any table. So I just grind NL10 Mansion BSS lol

In other words I cant be looking for fish all the time
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I figure if Im going to make it big some day, I must be able to learn to beat any type of player, any table. So I just grind NL10 Mansion BSS lol

I like this attitude!
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      @wowadvisor

Is your id on mansion the same as your forum id? If it is I was sitting at one of your tables yesterday. But you left the table so soon before I could get involved in any pots with you. LOL. Just kidding.

Best regards,

Matt.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze

Exactly................if you can't beat NL10 except under the easiest of conditions you have problbly reached your peak at poker.......
    • Haupy
      Haupy
      Bronze
      Not come along a fish on Nl10 table would be insane :P
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by straddler71
      @wowadvisor

Is your id on mansion the same as your forum id? If it is I was sitting at one of your tables yesterday. But you left the table so soon before I could get involved in any pots with you. LOL. Just kidding.

Best regards,

Matt.
      yes it is :)

it was late yesterday when i started and i had a few bad beats so i left soon :( normally i stay for several hours lol

my set of queens got beaten twice and set of kings once yesterday ! all by fish who just call all bets to the show down.

normally i dont mind losing a pot to a fish .. because i know i will win it back from them on the same table but it was late and i had to go :( :(
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      ive been playing PLO8 for mansion points, the pots get huge with plenty of fish and players who dont understand how to play the low hands well enough and get quartered a lot of the time. i tried sng's but i dont like the blind structure on ipoker. ill try FLHE but yeah i hate it n im not too good at it..ill read all the articles n watch some vids =)
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      NL10 is full of shortstackers, but very very few of them play SSS. Most are just fish: I got $30 up in 1 hour of play at 9 NL10 tables. Those guys actually want to give you money, one bluffed a full stack to me with 6 high, seriously. You can already get rich just by stealing the blinds from nits...
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43

Exactly................if you can't beat NL10 except under the easiest of conditions you have problbly reached your peak at poker.......
      I like the attitude, but personally I think you're better off beating up the fish while studying how to beat the regs for when you have to play them.

Looking for the easiest money while preparing to play the toughest opponents must be the most EV+!
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Originally posted by andyb43

I like the attitude, but personally I think you're better off beating up the fish while studying how to beat the regs for when you have to play them.

Looking for the easiest money while preparing to play the toughest opponents must be the most EV+!
      yep, its not like Im looking for regulars, but some times theres no tables so I get in a positive mindset and think they are just as worried as I am, and play my best.

I dont think complaining about regs is a good attitude for an aspiring semi-pro, because when you go up limits you will be burned imo. How can you play NL20 well if regs give you trouble on NL10?
    • Redcar100
      Redcar100
      Bronze
      Play today for double points