Stack
      BB:
      $11,02
      CO:
      $22,23
      Hero:
      $10,42

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:spade: , 8:club:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, SB folds, BB raises to $1,40, CO calls $1,30, Hero calls $0,90.

Flop: ($4,25) Q:club: , 8:diamond: , 2:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $2,80, CO calls $2,80, Hero raises to $9,02 (All-In), BB folds, CO calls $6,22.

Turn: ($25,09) 9:diamond:
      River: ($25,09) 2:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $25,09

Preflop call? On flop is slowplay an option?

My thoughts was that BB would fold AQ maybe even KK+ in this spot, he cant put me on anything else than a set, he knows my play. Therefore maybe a call could be profitble but then I thought that CO will probably call me with alot of morse hands here and that I would prefer to not make a wrong move on turn - therefore i pushed in hopes that BB couldn't release KK+ in this spot. Are my thoughts wrong in anyway? Please be as hard as u can!
  • 9 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Your shove equals what is in the pot at that point so wp and nh imo
      Be thankfull that you stacked at least one of them, when you get greedy you can easily lose vs 2 opp.

But I dont like the call pf to be honest.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I hate slowplaying because it burns. Ill only slowplay absolute nuts (FH, top set on a dry board, nut flush, 4oak). Any time you give a free card when one card can suck you out is a bad time for your BR.

Im liking shoving the flop and isolating limpy loose live fish CO here.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Your shove equals what is in the pot at that point so wp and nh imo
      Be thankfull that you stacked at least one of them, when you get greedy you can easily lose vs 2 opp.

But I dont like the call pf to be honest.
      I disagree. While call20 normally applies we had both position and a true live one in the pot. Even though we are probably behind BB and are only getting about 10-1 (x2) on our set odds, if we hit we have a much higher than usual expectation of getting paid off by CO with the off chance of BB paying out as well.

People who follow the normal rules when there is a true fish throwing a money party are the people that complain about not getting good cards until long after the fish has been felted and gone back playing to online roulette. Menel gutted him nicely.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      CO may look like a fish but hes basically unknown plus he has a nice W$SD. But even if he were a fish I dont like the call pf.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Ill bet he has nice W$SD because he called down some bluffers who couldnt believe he called with MP / BP / concealed underpair :)
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      Your All-In is less then a potsize raise so there is no need to slowplay anything. Get it in at the flop.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Also i call 3bet in his shoes preflop when there is another cold caller. It is +EV.
    • Menel
      Menel
      Bronze
      Could someone plz show exactly why this is +EV?
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Higher chance of being paid when you hit set.