My BRM, And improvements in play...

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Okay, so I took the $50 at Titan, and I have to admit, I really want to be able to play cash, but I am kind of not getting the grasp of it....

So I am going to stick to the micro lowest limits until I tap out a profit if it take 500,000 to make a regular profit even at that level then I will, I just don't feel comfortable at the cash tables... I dunno why, maybe I aint a cash player.

But anyway, my chosen path is 1 - 2 MTT's a day when I am on and then are in my budget, and then SNG's till I drop.

I was playing with the cash tables for about a week I guess, and realised it wasn't for me when my BR slipped right down.

Anyway playing just $1 Sit and goes after my LAST EVER few plays out of my BRM, I managed to return myself to a nice $45 which is okay.... I decided to get the most out of my play at Titan, I'd deposit some... Good news for you huh PS ;) .

So, I took up quite a few different bonuses including entries to tourneys, and a WSOP ME invite (anyone else who has this and can offer me advice on when it's on and how to find it would be appricated), plus my $100 100% match bonus...

This has taken me to $145, and I thought while I was gonna start banging out the sit and goes and now that I am playing 6 tables a session quite comfortably, now would be the time to seriously knuckle down and get some real grinding done.

I could clear that bonus while I'm at it.... Plus I can move up a level, and if I lose then okay... But if I start winning I believe this could be the start of me actually playing poker for making money, rather than just spin up what I got till I bust... Like I used to.

I guess my view on poker has now changed from that of passtime to see if I can brag to me mates, to business investment, I guess... I am also working on a few other affiliate deals and setting up a website to maybe generate some cash that way too, Don't worry PS will be my main focal point. You helped me out quite a bit with this site to be honest. And I'll try and pull some more your way.

I've just made the deposit after playing a 21 sit and go session, which went a bit blergh to be honest, but I did review what I'd done and being totally honest with myself, I guess I made the obvious few errors, but nothing major just a card dead day I guess.... Anyway, I did come out in the profit of like 2 buyins I think so not a great deal for all that grinding...

Guess that's what made me think about a bonus..... So the break even days still have a point ya know....

Plus, I can get to the next VIP status hopefully and get more points that way too.

Anyway, onto the $2 sit and goes now, I'll see how I fair at those, I'm going to a bit cautious to begin and if I slip to $110, I think I'll drop back to the $1 tables for a while, and get to $150 before moving back to $2. Think I should be silver on here tomorrow also, if not then close to it. :)

So yeah that's me for now, any losing days, will be spent reviewing my hands and checking them against the articles on this site, plus using the IRM.
      I am also stopping the use of my Poker Tracker as it seems to have issues with iPoker sit and goes for me.... If I can turn a good enough profit I'll invest in sharkscope HuD I think, as that Elephant doesn't work for me either.

Any other suggestions are welcome?

I'll update you anyway, and hopefully it'll be good news.

Goals:

1. Play at least 20 x Sit and Goes per day
      2. Play 2 MTT's a day, at $2 buyin or those tokens.
      3. Hopefully clear the bonus as the above two are in progress.
      4. Not planned yet.......
  • 13 replies
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      Nice blog.

Are you using the ICM?

Good luck :)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      ICM, s'what I meant :P ... Dunno where IRM came from.... It was late lol

Plus, Yay I'm silver :P lol

EDIT** Had a little stint of the $2 tables last night before I went to bed, and the opponents are pretty much the same skill level as the ones at $1, so I foresee no problems with the move.... Maybe they have a little more patience when it comes to the push or fold tactics but other than that it's pretty much the same.

Anyway, I had the best recovery at one point will get a couple of Hand histories flowing soon.... Blinds were 200/400 and I got majorly crippled, like if it had been a war.... I'd of just stepped on a land mine, and there would be my limbs all around me.

Down to just 55 chips!!! 5 Players in....

28 Hands later..... I come 2nd..... :P

Okay wasn't a first but still I enjoyed it. Lol

When you are basically dead like that it's nice to cash.... going to heads up I had 6,000 of the 15,000 in play, first hand was all in... My K,Q against his 2,2 .... I never improved....

Played 5 x $2 Sit and goes before bed. Miserable session to be honest, was lucky to stay even.... But the standard of play is the same, I just rarely hit and failed to extract maximum value for my premium hands. I was like getting 30 minutes in and on every table seemed to be Push or fold... So maybe have to start opening my range slightly at the earlier stages.... As it's currently tighter than a nuns.... well you know ;)

But anyway back to point BR is $148.87
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Had a bit of a day.... To be honest I shouldn't of played poker today... I knew I wasn't really in the mood. And the total lack of knowledge of what I played won and lost kind of proves it.... Sometimes when I have a good session (playing and mind wise, not profit) I can remember every place I finished in everything I played. Not today....

I got a bill through the post this morning for National Insurance, from like 5 years ago!

After using the little of my monthly budget I had left on that $100 deposit, I then had to go back to Titan and withdraw $80 to pay the bill .....

So that knocked me back down the SNG ladder in terms of BRM....

So anyway I'd played a few $2 SNG.....

Come out like only $1 in profit....

Then made my withdrawl and played a few $1 SNG's (sticking to BRM).... Also entered a $1 MTT with 500+ runners (failed to place, own mistake).

Anyway after doing all that I was down like $8 or something for the day....

After having a massive chunk taken out of my BR due to that bill, I was semi disheartened if ya like to be back playing the $1 SNG's.....

From near $150 to just about $63 or something taking into account the losses....

Anyway hit myself with a $10 SNG (slapped self as soon as it started for BRM)

But finished 3rd in that.....Taking $20.

BR..... $72.37 (+$80 that will be replaced) = $152.37

I'm not going to play like that $80 is present, but it will be replaced, as I genuinely think I can use it to my advantage.

My sharkscope, much to my horror tbh.... Really should be much better.....

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      You know what though in addition to last post...

I really enjoyed my $10 SNG, the standard of play was a lot better, raises generally were with reasonable hands, no idiots, just a few blokes and birds, playing proper poker....

I really can't wait to get there and being playing that level on a constant basis.... I kind of felt it suited my play a little more, my raises were respected not called by some donkey with A,2 and him getting lucky.

I mean there was one horrendious player there I have to admit, but he was VERY swiftly identified by all and taken out.... Then the poker was just good poker....

I am thinking what I may do is when I get my $10 payouts from my bonus, I might just use it to play one $10 SNG... I am now clearing two bonuses, and the other one can just add to my BR, and the $10 one I think I'll treat myself.

As usually with a $70 BR, my first stop would of been (prior PS) the $50 SNG.

So although I wavered slightly and I know you are all gonna say don't deviate etc.... But am gonna do it this way.... May give me something to go for, plus cure my itch to play the higher stakes, but keeping it controlled.

Meh I dunno let ya know how I get on :)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze

My first 100 SnG's, I know small sample, but I'm in the right mood at the minute, and Sharkscope has me set to hot form...

And I'm doing okay, after last nights diabolical plays anyway....

I dropped somewhere to the region of $60 last night, but after a cracker of a session on the $1 SnG's today so far (more to come), I have recovered all my losses from last night and gone beyond....

I played 7 x 10 man $1 SnG's taking $26 (3 x 1st, 2 x 2nd, 1 x 7th and 1 x 5th)
      And 4 x 10 Man double up SnG's, and failed to cash in one equalling $6
      And 1 x 600+ MTT $3,000GTD Freeroll, which I failed to cash in (116 finishing position).

BR stands at $80.37

Now food, then back to the tables.....
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Well, just a quick note as it's extremely late... Or early, depends how you look at it....

I cashed in 3 final tables today..... Stay tuned for the details... This is really just a reminder for me to put up some stuff that bugged me a bit....

HH and weekly profit graph on the way.... Btw, $2 SnG's do not agree with me AT ALL!! Hence the MTT switch....

That's all for now but to say .....

BR $193.26 ;)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Can an admin or mod please delete this blog thread....

I have a proper blog now that I will add as a sig....

And looking through the forum to find this one is just a pain.

Thank you.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Where's the blog :P ? I just found this one and it's quite interesting, just stick to BRM and keep up the good play :) !
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      For further go here :)

http://mardybumspokerblog.blogspot.com/
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Not that anyone will be all that interested I'm sure, but I've had to redo my blog as I can't find a site which will host large enough pages for me to add full page images... So all the pretty graphs and everything will have to be negated.

I may add some here and post a link on my blog I don't know yet.

But I will redo the link once it's sorted. I have about 6 posts in my new one, but it's mainly daily results etc. So not as nice as I intended it to be :(

But as an update here's my weekly chart so far over 6 days.

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Oh yeah.. Do you like my custom background?

Here's me just about to felt Phil Ivey.... Lol

If you want details on custom backgrounds and things, leave me a note here and I'll message you with details :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      very nice graph (and background too :) ). do you play NL, BSS, SSS, FR or SH? or FL? nice winrate, wouldn't complain if i had 5BB/100 over like a month :D .
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      very nice graph (and background too :) ). do you play NL, BSS, SSS, FR or SH? or FL? nice winrate, wouldn't complain if i had 5BB/100 over like a month :D .
      I play NLHE....And only ever FR, Can't stand short handed games. I don't use SSS or BSS... I use my own MSS (Mid Stack Strategy in case you didn't get it ;) ) Lol...

Perhaps I should write it out and PS can add it to the site ;)

Seriously though, with BSS I feel the swings are to wild if you are on a downswing, but at the same time SSS is not really a grinders friend, I multitable and to keep switching tables is a nightmare when I have 6 tables running.

So I developed a happy medium MSS. :)