This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 55 quads

• Sonydahaka
      Sonydahaka
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.40)
      UTG+1 ($3.40)
      Hero (CO) ($11.00)
      BTN ($8.55)
      SB ($24.90)
      BB ($3.45)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO 5:heart: 5:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: 5:club: T:spade: 5:spade: ($1.35, 3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: J:heart: ($1.35, 3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.70, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds

Final Pot: $1.35

Hero wins $2 ( won +$0.90 )
      UTG lost -$0.40
      UTG+1 lost -$0.40

I think i played wrong this hand, because i should slow play till river and hope that one of my opponents hit something, or make a smaller bet on the turn. I will never get my quads paid...
  • 2 replies
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      I bet the flop because I would do this nearly every time. Many pockets won't fold on such a flop and maybe UTG is going for a check/raise with a monster because he is hoping that someone is betting his pocket.

With quads I want to build up a pot and don't want to wait till the river to get additional 50 cent.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by soucy
      I bet the flop because I would do this nearly every time. Many pockets won't fold on such a flop and maybe UTG is going for a check/raise with a monster because he is hoping that someone is betting his pocket.

With quads I want to build up a pot and don't want to wait till the river to get additional 50 cent.
      this.

If you slowplay, they might be on a draw and you give them free cards for which they might otherwise pay for.
      I might slowplay on a very dry board vs 1 opp, but here you have 2 opp, a FD and a T. You can bet a little over 1/2 pot