rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Known players:       
      MP3:
      $8.15
      Hero:
      $3.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , A:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 7:heart: , 4:club: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) 7:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.85 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.85.

River: ($7.85) A:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.85

Should I have reraised flop against the preflop aggressor? I thought the turn card was good for me, but is pushing here bad play? Thanks!

p.s.: I play a variation of SSS. I have enough chips so I'm not always forced to commit to hands and it enables me to play properly, while embracing most SSS concepts.
  • 5 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hello rickydaprince,

I do not know your variation of SSS. But in SSS you don't call nor re-raise AQ pre-flop.

As played, I'd push flop with TPTK.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      a) If you read in the articles, the ideal stack sizes are 15-25bbs, or the max at 100+. I believe playing with a mid size stack will hurt you in the long run.

b) As dandy said, no calling/3betting with AQ

c) If you are playing some other strategy, not many people will be able to help you/provide you with advice, as this is the SSS hands forum, and you're not playing SSS.

Good luck,

Who knows if you hit it big maybe you'll get some strategy articles named after you ;)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Yeah, a variation of SSS is a no go. You better play proper SSS or proper BSS. About the hand, you should've folded preflop as there was a raise before you and AQ isn't a reraise hand. We also don't call with SSS, it's either raise or fold.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      p.s.: I play a variation of SSS. I have enough chips so I'm not always forced to commit to hands and it enables me to play properly, while embracing most SSS concepts.
      So a little bit of SSS and a little bit of BSS, mix it together and there is your strategy?

Many people before you tried this and failed deliberately, now I dont want to force you to play different but I can make a side bet that your plays will result in losing your initial free bankroll of $50.

If you want to make moves and stuff, try BigStack Strategy. SSS is not meant for fancy plays hoping that they fold. You miss 1) Statistics/HUD , 2) The stacksize: with 20bb you cannot make a huge stress on letting opponents fold their hand

As played fold preflop.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hey Gerv, thanks for the reply. I've still got my starting capital...My bankroll is around $260. I'm comfortable with my strategy atm. We'll see how it goes :)