This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 56s

• Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $3.00
      MP1:
      $9.30
      Hero:
      $13.20

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6:heart: , 5:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 6 folds.

Flop: ($1.05) 7:spade: , J:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.25) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($4.65) K:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $4.65, Hero raises to $9.30, MP1 raises to $7.10 (All-In).

Final Pot: $21.05

Okay to slowplay this board? I felt I had the uncrackable nuts on the turn. Only likely hand that could suck out on me was JJ looking for a FH / 4oak; about a 20% shot of that if he had it, with raise range 19% 55+ A4s+ QTs+ A7o+ KTo+ making it an absolute longshot to hold the JJ.

I figured best to not take him out of the lead until the river, in order to have best chance of felting.

Edit - while writing this I was referring to HUD for raise range stats, which is why I said 19 when hand posted says 17 PFR.
  • 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Wow. Self analysis of that post shows a massive scare - I missed the possible spade flush draw.

Thats pretty embarassing :)
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hey buddy,

Nice hand. I think call on flop is ok. I would be inclined to reraise on turn though, but a good river card for you.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Preflop: Fold. I really don't like cold calling suited connectors with 93bb effective - you can do this with another cold caller infront though.

Flop: Well, this is about one of the best boards you can hope for when calling with suited connectors, so a call is on order. OK

Turn: Raise! Not only do you need to protect against FD, you also want value here so you don't have to overbet the river so big.

River: Since you raised turn, you can safely shove here without overbetting :)

I know you like suited connectors, but you need to find better spots to play them ;)
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I actually considered long about if to play them here. I was IP against the raiser and thats why I decided to take the plunge. Any raise behind me was going to cost me 40c :\ Marginal situation.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      preflop is fine, as flop is. I am raising on the turn to get the money in and to protect.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar