4bet range

• Menel
      Menel
      Bronze
      Can someone plz give me some EV calc on 4betting, because when I make mine I only comes to that there is no profit in 4betting with anything less than KK+.

Stats i use when considering the EV:

My stat: 18/13, my current 4bet range is 1,5%
      Opponents stat: 16/14, 3bet range is 4%

And plz dont say that they will push with anything less than KK+ because this dosent happen when someone with his stat goes up against my 4bet.
  • 6 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Menel
      Can someone plz give me some EV calc on 4betting, because when I make mine I only comes to that there is no profit in 4betting with anything less than KK+.

Stats i use when considering the EV:

My stat: 18/13
      Opponents stat: 16/14, 3bet range is 4%
      Against that opp I 4bet KK+ also
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Do you play full ring or shorthanded? What's your image on the table? What is your position and the 3better position? Do you have some history with him?

There is really a lot of factors to consider here. My standard range is KK+. In the blinds battle or blinds vs button I 4 bet with AK, QQ (usually). If a player is loose or I have some history with him I may even 4bet lighter (but it's veeeery opponent dependent).
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi short handed there is this nifty little trick to 4-bet a bit more lightly (just did it with 10 10) and got away with it:

Your in SB or BB (should also work IP). There is a limper and a reg raises the limper from CO or BU. His raising range at this point is pretty big since limpers show weakness. 4-bet him and he will most likely fold, unless he really holds a monster this time.

They way I think of this is that if BU would have attempted a steal I would have 3-bet my hand in BB anyways. If he raises a limper I only have to invest little more to my 4-bet then to my 3-bet, roughly 3BB, hence its alright to do. Plus you create tons of fold equity :)

Basically limpers have bad hands, people who know this will raise lightly. Since I know this I will re-raise lightly also. Thank god they don't know that I know :)
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Do you play full ring or shorthanded? What's your image on the table? What is your position and the 3better position? Do you have some history with him?

There is really a lot of factors to consider here. My standard range is KK+. In the blinds battle or blinds vs button I 4 bet with AK, QQ (usually). If a player is loose or I have some history with him I may even 4bet lighter (but it's veeeery opponent dependent).
      Fully agree...

I've been experimenting with bluff-4betting on SH tables recently and man... if you read the situation correctly and weigh in all the factors you can even 4bet with pocket 3's and get away with it. My favourite targets are regulars who like to squeeze a lot (you know that they know that you open-raise a lot of pots... so they think you're raising light, and that the coldcaller doesn't have a powerhouse either and will fold to the squeeze) , in addition to people who overly defend their blinds by 3betting.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar

Your in SB or BB (should also work IP). There is a limper and a reg raises the limper from CO or BU. His raising range at this point is pretty big since limpers show weakness. 4-bet him and he will most likely fold, unless he really holds a monster this time.:)
      You've misunderstood something here, what you're talking about is a 3-bet, not a 4-bet. A 4-bet is when someone has raised, someone re-raises (3bets), *then* there's another raise and that's the 4bet. Usually when you 4bet you have to go broke to a shove.

Otherwise, +1 to what radyan said - the position of the raiser(s) is very important in deciding which hand to go broke with.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Originally posted by Dragar

Your in SB or BB (should also work IP). There is a limper and a reg raises the limper from CO or BU. His raising range at this point is pretty big since limpers show weakness. 4-bet him and he will most likely fold, unless he really holds a monster this time.:)
      You've misunderstood something here, what you're talking about is a 3-bet, not a 4-bet. A 4-bet is when someone has raised, someone re-raises (3bets), *then* there's another raise and that's the 4bet. Usually when you 4bet you have to go broke to a shove.

Otherwise, +1 to what radyan said - the position of the raiser(s) is very important in deciding which hand to go broke with.
      I just realized I suck at poker terminology.... :(