[NL2-NL10] Nl10 - 99

• PetterG2
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:heart: , 9:club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,65) 3:club: , 8:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,65, Hero raises to $2,00, BB calls $1,35.

Turn: ($4,65) A:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2,80, BB raises to $13,05, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10,25

It's importent to add that I didn't have the accual stats on villian since my trial is out. I definitly would have played it differently if I had it.

To the hand:

Preflop: I only raised 3xbb since I was BU. I don't like (for some wired reason) to 4xbb openraise from late pos.

Flop: Preatty standard play I suppose, I have an overpair and to a donkbet it's a obvious raise imo.

Turn: Should I just give up here? It's a scarecard and unless he got an ace or a flopped set, I think he would give up here.
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Preflop: I used to open 3bb too from late, but from experience people do give you more credit on nl10 with a 4bb raise, and also your c-bets will take down bigger pots :) I would advice you to raise 4bb until you reach a limit where resteals and light 3-bets are really common.

Flop: I would raise to 1.7

Turn: B/f like you did here. C/F is too weak since he could float you so easily with a flushdraw only, and I don't want to c/c this turn because he can easily have something like AcQc with that line, not to mention the sets of course.
    • TribunCaesar

Best regards,