Known players:   
      SB:
      $19.29
      MP2:
      $37.68
      Hero:
      $20.90

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3:heart: , 3:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($3.20) 6:club: , 4:diamond: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3.20) A:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $2.29, 2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.20

In general should I c-bet this flop?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Depends on the oppoenents, if they are loose or not, I'd try to barrel on flop.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Flop is really dry and u have position. I can see quite a few weaker hands calling a CBet. I'd shut down tho if the turn completed a straight. I'd bet turn again if a dead or face card would come and evaluate on the river.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I wouldn't c-bet this flop. You gotta hope to acccomplish something when you c-bet.

When you have a made hand, a c-bet is usually for value/protection. When you have air, you wanna make your opponents fold better hands. In this situation you have air. Your hand is completely worthless on this board. So a c-bet would have to make opponents fold better hands.

The only PP that will fold here is 22, which is worse than yours. Any other PP will call your c-bet. Nearly all 1 pair hands will call your c-bet. I can MAYBE see A4 folding, but that's all. 54, 65, 76, 87, 98, 64, 75, 97... all of these call you. OC could call you, but then that's kind of unknown and you'd have to give up whenever a high card comes on the board.

So, what would a c-bet accomplish here? Folds from weaker hands and calls from hands that have you beat. The only hands that would call and that you beat are draws, but then most draws here include a pair also.

In short, you don't accomplish much by c-betting here. So I say nh :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      nh!

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar