SSS Strategy

• Mehjia
      Mehjia
      Bronze
      I have kind of a problem .

I recieved my 50$ capital 6 days ago , and i started to play the SSS but it just doesn't work for me . I don't know but it seems impossible for me to make a profit i almost always lose , and after i lose i go play some heads-up and make my money back .
      Tomorow i lost a lot and ended up with 3 $ and managed to make from head-up 46$ , and started to play SSS again , and again i lost , started again and played two heads-up of 10$ and i win them both and now i am again at about 50$ . I just don't know if i should start the SS again .

If someone can help me with some advises or something i don't want to go down again , and now that i came back i'm kind of scared risking so much on the heads-up .
  • 14 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Are you sticking 100% to the preflop charts? Are you sticking 100% to the postflop rules? Do you buy in 20bb, top up when you go below 15bb and leave when you have 25bb?

If you answer no to one of those then thats where you are going wrong ;) If you answered yes then maybe it is just variance. Poker after all is a game of luck and SSS is a very swingy game.

Also how many hands have you played? If its under 500, thats nothing tbh. Under 1k is still nothing. After 5k hands maybe if your on a massive downhill slope then it might not be working for you but in the long run its a strategy that should work for everyone.

Also dont play HU, espicially if its out of BRM. On many site i know the lowest Heads up tables are 0.25/0.50 and this is way out of BRM! And BRM management is the key to online poker. Every winning player cant stress it enough.

Maybe if your finding SSS boring then you could start adding more tables in, one at a time and get used to multitabling.

But remember SSS is very swingy and although you may have had a downswing, an upswing is just around the corner.

Oh and btw, did you get back to $50 from $3? Thats pretty good going if you did ;)

Best Wishes
      -Kingdippy
    • Mehjia
      Mehjia
      Bronze
      Sometimes i admit i play a few others hands like A 10 siuted or KQ siuted in middle position ( altough i don't think that this influence so much that i lose 30$ in about 2-3 hours )
      I play multitable thats why i lose so much , I play about 6-8 tables .
      I
      I don't know how many hands i've played , but i know that i played about 35 hours of SSS .
      Yes i've made from 3 -> 46$ , from heads-up , where i lost 2 from 12-14 played , but i dont want to stick at Heads-up , i want to play no-limit .

I don't know if it is a downswing because overall i lose after every session of playing .

I think i will try again and stick exactly to the chart , if this time don't work , i just don't know that to do ;) )
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Ok well you really shouldnt add these hands in, because they are not in the strategy.
      If you think that you lose because you multitable then cut down on tables. 15 Stacks in 2-3 hours is possible, but not very likely.

Also did u maybe tilt? Ship off a few stacks that you shouldnt?
      Did you continuation bet every flop?

Just looking for some normal beginner fualts really. But ultimately if you are 100% sure you played it 95-100% right then dont worry, its just variance.

Best Wishes

Kingdippy
    • Mehjia
      Mehjia
      Bronze
      Ok , i've discovered i've made some mistakes , i didn't tought that this mean so much , I will go now and play , stick exactly yo the chart and see what happens .

stack = means what ? ( blinds ) ?

I'm thinking about playing BSS it's more action , but is too early and to low bankroll for that ?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Oh a stack is one whole Buy In. So with SSS on NL10 (0.05/0.10) $2 is a stack. Basically your remaining chips at the table is your stack :)

BSS could be possible. If you have $50 bankroll then you could play 0.01/0.02 depending on whether you site offers this limit. 100bb Buying is $2 and 25BI would be enough. The limit isnt particually hard, you could just play the SSS hands and then add a few in like the ones you mentioned earlier. Just make sure you dont get BSS and SSS mixed up.

Best wishes

Kingdippy
    • Mehjia
      Mehjia
      Bronze
      ok 10x a lot for everyting , i just started playing and see what happens , just folded KJ siuted and A 10 it was hard i must admit :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mehjia
      ok 10x a lot for everyting , i just started playing and see what happens , just folded KJ siuted and A 10 it was hard i must admit :D
      wait till you get to the part when you'll have to fold JJ or QQ or maybe even KK :( .
    • Mehjia
      Mehjia
      Bronze
      KK before the flop never
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      wait till you get to the part when you'll have to fold JJ or QQ or maybe even KK :( .
      lol primzi... stop confusing people. You never fold kk (unless there maybe super nit only play AA and KK guy)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      ture that :) . was actually thinking of postflop play :P . i think in some cases (like 4 diamonds on board and you having AhAc) even folding AA might be +EV :) . But ya, you're correct, preflop you must fold all but KK/AA when there are two raises before you :) . Now about your gameplay... I played about 10k hands according to the starting chart and strategy and I hit a huge downswing, then a huge upswing and then a huge downswing. I found out that the biggest leak in my play was that my blind defence and stealing sucked... (were both under 10%). So maybe you should start using stats and steal/resteal more :) .
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Originally posted by Primzi
      lol primzi... stop confusing people. You never fold kk (unless there maybe super nit only play AA and KK guy)
      flushed board (4 or 5 of same suit) and you having AA of opposite suit -> folding AA might be +EV :P .
    • Mehjia
      Mehjia
      Bronze
      So maybe you should start using stats and steal/resteal more smile .

can you explain more this part?

-5 euro since i've started the topic :(
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      So maybe you should start using stats and steal/resteal more smile .

can you explain more this part?

-5 euro since i've started the topic :(
      Ahh... Unfortunately the articles about steals and resteals are silver+.

Well... If you see that BB and SB are playing tight and you're in BU, you can try to steal the blinds and therefore minimise the money losses you get from you losing blinds because you play a very small range of hands... or you can try defending your blinds with some marginal hands like AT and stuff :) . Also raise when you're in BB and the SB limps as SB will fold most of time :) .
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Mehjia,

Are you playing SSS on NL10 with 2 stacks? Or on NL25? Because losing $30 2-3 hours on NL10 is 15 stacks.. and that kind of variance would be quite crazy and nearly always connected with heavy leaks / bad play.

The strategy is quite 'basic' because on the low limits thats all you need to have a mathematical edge. It adjusts as you move up - but first you need the bankroll for those higher limits ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD