This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR: ATo late position bluff

• maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:
      BU:
      $6.40
      SB:
      $4.10
      BB:
      $25.00
      UTG1:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $1.80
      MP2:
      $7.45
      MP3:
      $20.55
      CO:
      $15.70

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, A.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.5, BU calls $0.50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.25) 7, 9, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.5, BU calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.25) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($6.25) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.40, BU calls $3.40.

Final Pot: $13.05.

Hi,
      I c/r the flop in the intention to get the pot at the flop. (I have seen villian bet IP with air earlier)
      After villain checked the turn I decided to bluff the river because:
      1) He didn't look strong to me.
      2) It was my only way to get the pot.
      What do you think? Should I bluff the river? (Or maybe c/r on the flop was worng?)
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Preflop: OK

Flop: Well, if you have history that he likes to bet with nothing then C/R is fine here - although I probably would just cbet normally myself :P

Turn: OK

River: Alright, K might be somewhat of a scarecard for him, but I still don't like it because:
      - Your line doesn't make much sense to me. c/r flop check turn bet river half pot? Maybe you could have AK but meh, it's not that likely. And when I see someone with a weird line, I usually call :P
      - By calling a C/R on the flop he shows that he has a hand that he wants to continue with, and when he checks the turn behind it is clear to me that using this line - calling c/r on flop and checking behind turn - he intends to call the river.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Fongie

- Your line doesn't make much sense to me. c/r flop check turn bet river half pot? Maybe you could have AK but meh, it's not that likely. And when I see someone with a weird line, I usually call :P

I bet half the pot because this is all he had. (I just put him all in)
      I guess you right about my strange line. I just did not want to give up the pot.
      I guess that when we play NL10 we should know when to give up because pepole don't tend to lay down their hands even if they are mediocre.