My Poker so far

• quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      I suffered a couple of bad beats today and felt like a complete failure :( ... (full houses getting cracked by donks with 32o...sigh.

I thought my poker career was almost over when I pulled a complete idiot move.

Playing 3$ SNG (w bankroll of 20$...)

Anyway long story short, I made it into the money twice winning 3rd and 1st. (of a total of 2 games)

I'd loooove to continue to hunt this winning streak but I know that I shouldn't. My bank roll is back to near what it used to be when I started playing BSS. I shall pause for a moment to thank the poker gods and continue on with 0.02/0.04 tables.

Besides, I'm almost near my first party poker rake-back (12 points more for 5$) and after that is complete I will have completed the first part of my 50$ +100$ at poker strategy too.

I want to get the full 900 points in order to get the full cash bonus but I'm going to need to do some serious learning in poker to improve my game so I last that long.

After I have all that done I'll hopefully have 100-150$ in my account (minumum) plus maybe 15-40$ extra from this gladiator thing.

After that I'm gonna take my full roll to the 1$ DoNs at pokerstars probably. Unless I become godly at cash games...I always seem to do really well at SNGs
  • 4 replies
    • quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      Lol my previous post was meant to be a down beat report but then it eventually became something that more fit in the blog section of the forums.

Well now that its here I might as well just do this blog thing.

Current BR : 32$

Right now playing ---> 0.02/0.04 games on Party Poker

Goals ---> get to NL10 with a min starting BR of 250$
      Get 900 life time points on Party Poker, to complete the 50+100$ bonus (current pts: 255)
      Get 30pts a day for the next 30days (for party poker Gladiator)

I think that's enough goals for now. I hope my blog was somewhat interesting. More later.
    • quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      Alright well I've now switched to SSS at NL 10, as I cant SSS NL5 (wont let you come to the table with that little money)...

So from here on out its succeed playing this robot strategy or bust and deposit my own money on pstars and climb the DONs.

Wish me luck,

- quksht
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hey quksht, Good to see you blogging.

Good luck with your quest, whilst not always easy, do try to stay within your BRM, especially with SnG's as variance has a habit of turning up unexpected and biting you on the bum (can speak from many an experience lol :D ).

I would also strongly advise that you don't chase player points or bonuses too much. Gladiator does look good and it should be a nice addition to your BR, just do it sensibly and stop if your getting tired in a session etc. No point losing $20 in a session just to gain a $5 bonus if you see what i mean. I failed to do this on the similar 'Ironman' promo on Full Tilt and lost quite a bit of previous earnings :( .

I have every faith in you though and will keenly follow your progress in this blog.

Good luck buddy,

Bart
    • quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      Alright here's a new post.

Thanks for the advice, I'll watch exactly how I'm earnin g those points. And I'll not pull a SnG stunt like that again.

I played NL10 SSS today, won 60+ BB's very fast (within first 100 hands, hands like JJ+ and AQ) but then proceeded to not get a single playable hand for the next 700 hands... :/

So now I'm down 1$ by the blinds eating me although my BB/100 isn't bad.

Sigh, better luck next session.

Btw, how many hands should I be getting in an ~800 hand session? (hands according to the SHC that is)

- quksht