Requesting Non-ShortStackable Tables?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I'm playing some NL25FR at the moment BSS and its getting to me that as soon as I join a nice looking table it gets filled up with Shorties who never give me enough implieds to play interesting hands. You get to play less Hands for Set Value for example when a shorty raises in front of you cos you can't win any money from him.

I'm getting pretty sick of having to constantly swap over tables and have been forced to only change tables if there are SIX or more Shortstackers there.

My Suggestion is;

We at PokerStrategy make a Kind Request that Partypoker makes say 4 to 8 tables per limit with a Higher Minimum Compulsory Buy-In. Eg, 50 or 75BB minimum Buy-In.

*Please Note* I'm not suggesting that all tables should be like this, far from from it, I like Shortstacking myself especially as a way of playing some higher limits and earning more Partypoints. I also appreciate Shortstacks as a way of bringing money up the limits as well as bringing in a lot of Revenue for Partypoker and Pokerstrategy, However It would be nice If we could have some tables where we could actually play properly and not be constantly Badgered by these now commonplace folk.

Let Your Views on this Subject Be Known Please! Leave a Comment Whether you Agree/Disagree With My Suggestion. Thanks!
  • 15 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      SH is best way to escape from shortstackers :)
      Of course you still have them, but they dont have any proper strategy, and playing against them is easy.

I guess it doesnt hurt if party made some 50bb min FR tables per limit.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Play on Stars or iPoker, they got tables with 50bb minimum ;)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Or FTP which also have.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I would sign such a request.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Partypoker is history anyway.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Originally posted by timukasr
      Partypoker is history anyway.
      What do you mean with that? Less fish than before?
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      C'mon, see pokerstrategy poker room statistic (party poker is last from those rooms), there are so few tables, few fish and all tables are filled with short stacks. See pokerstars - there are same amount of tables at one limit that partypoker has in total.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I believe lots of sites offer Deep Stacked tables I know for a fact that Partypoker and Fulltilt (also iPoker i think) have the,.. the minimum is 50BB and max is usually around 200BB.. the play in general is tighter but thats just my observation playing a short sample size on these tables. No short stacks here ever and if they are they are 50BB stacks
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Partypoker has no deepstack FR tables until NL400. Beginning at NL400 there is one deepstack FR table on each limit, right now there is not a single player on any of them.

As Darkone says, switch to 6-max if shorties bother you that much - providing deepstacked tables will kill the Shortstack Strategy, as they would only be playing each other and it wont work. Since SSSers are mass rake generators, I very much doubt Party would do that.
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      yeh its annoying with all FR tables ur lucky to be with 3 Big stacks and every1 else is scrounging as shorties
      ...except at 0.01/0.02 but thats simply a waste of time...
      looking at SSS vids. on here there seem to be ample amounts of big stacks everywhere on Stars...i think Party poker was a bad choice in the end for the $50 bucks...when i get enuff dosh im moving to either FTP or stars..or mebe Cake
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      They have some deepstack tables now :) Maybe they listened to MY suggestion! LOL :f_biggrin:
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      too many shorties everywhere. I play myself on fulltilt as a shortstack. And it annoys me too when the tables gets filled with 5-6 shorstackers... i mean you look for a table with as little of sss'ers and in 2 minutes they fill the table... LOL
      I always tell them nice table selection guys. But somehow no one really knows what table selection is i guess. And fulltilt is crazy lately. Havent seen as much shorstackers as there is now on fulltilt. Theres is on average i think at least 3 shorstackers on every table.... some tables even have 6 or 7 shortstackers.... LOL. Blame pokerstrategy for shorstackers boom :D
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timukasr
      C'mon, see pokerstrategy poker room statistic (party poker is last from those rooms), there are so few tables, few fish and all tables are filled with short stacks. See pokerstars - there are same amount of tables at one limit that partypoker has in total.
      I completely agree. I remember trying to sit at a table at NL0.05/0.10 one day, There was only something like 20 tables open at that stake. :s_mad:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mafaz
      too many shorties everywhere. I play myself on fulltilt as a shortstack. And it annoys me too when the tables gets filled with 5-6 shorstackers... i mean you look for a table with as little of sss'ers and in 2 minutes they fill the table... LOL
      I always tell them nice table selection guys. But somehow no one really knows what table selection is i guess. And fulltilt is crazy lately. Havent seen as much shorstackers as there is now on fulltilt. Theres is on average i think at least 3 shorstackers on every table.... some tables even have 6 or 7 shortstackers.... LOL. Blame pokerstrategy for shorstackers boom :D
      you can start making a diference.

play bigstack :D
    • piotereczek
      piotereczek
      Bronze
      nooo ,we dont want deep stack tables :f_cry:
      Fr is only for SSS !!!