This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

VPIP in SB

• ShyPh
      ShyPh
      Bronze
      What's a good value for VPIP in the small blind for a 6 handed game with blindstructures:
      1:2
      1:3
      2:3

1:3 should be the lowest and 2:3 the highest, but what values can be considered ok?
  • 3 replies
    • ShyPh
      ShyPh
      Bronze
      Let's change this in a what's ur VPIP in the sb post.
      I'm currently playing a 2:3 game with 33.7 VPIP in the SB. I'm really curious about this because I think my VPIP in the sb is too low.
    • Korn
      Korn
      Bronze
      Uh, it's impossible to answer that in a vacuum since whether you play a hand or not in the SB heavily depends on the action before you

However, in the advanced pre-flop article there are clear recommendations for SB play.

In general, with a 2/3 SB, you can play any two cards in an unraised pot!

In a raised multiway Pot, you should play it a bit tighter than the BB.

In a raised pot with just 1 villian, you should defend the 2/3 SB more loosely than the 1/2 SB.

And finally, the 1/3 SB should be played just like the button.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Korn

And finally, the 1/3 SB should be played just like the button.
      Wow thats tight :)

Matthias mentioned that in his BR thread too but i guess not that tight. Q5s, Q4s, K5o, Q7o, T9o, 98o, etc are really a fold? (3/6$ is 1/3)