Looking for a coach / reviewer

• tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I am looking for an experienced player to look at my play and try to help me improve. I want them to observe my play and review bulk hands from my sessions. I would like to start of with a couple of free sessions and if I like you I will start to pay. I play micro limit sng's and cash games on party poker and poker stars.
  • 9 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      You won't find anyone who will coach you for free from the beginning and wait for your decision to pay for next "round" or not.

I'm more than sure with this.

Instead, get the most of available material on this site (coaching/vids/sample hands forum) and move up to limits where you'll be able to afford private coachings.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I can afford it now, but I don't want to pay someone who is not very good and waste money.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      And on what basis will you decide if he's a good player?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Uh, you probably don't need the private coaching if you're silver.

Also, coaches either coach cash games or sng's, I don't know any who coaches both
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      There's enough free content to learn to beat limits of up to NL100 on the internet, it's when you start getting to the very tough limits like 3/6 that coaching becomes necessary.

Imo.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      I am looking for an experienced player to look at my play and try to help me improve. I want them to observe my play and review bulk hands from my sessions. I would like to start of with a couple of free sessions and if I like you I will start to pay. I play micro limit sng's and cash games on party poker and poker stars.
      Well I'd just PM the coaches here with your offer and if they don't laugh in your face you can go on with the teachings.

But the way I see it if a coach can make like $300+ for a day playing his limit I don't know what you can offer to lure him. Maybe if you're the greatest cocksucker in the world they would think about it though.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      If you can afford it then just go with tribun, I am pretty sure he has had a lot of satisfied customers. But as has been said before if you are playing micro limits then it's probably not worth it, coaches normally recommend something like 5 hours minimum which would be $400 and since you said microlimits ill assume thats 40 buyins which is like 2 to 3 months play probably depending on your volume.

As has been said before if you put in the work yourself i believe everyone can easily get up to NL200 by yourself, however using a coach will definately speed up the process, simply because it's faster for someone to teach you something and spot your leaks than for you to learn something yourself. So i would wait till maybe NL50 minimum and then get a coach and that will fast track you to higher limits.

PS maybe we should set up a coaching section on the forum where coaches can offer their services, write a bit about themselves and what they offer and also past students can also write their positive or negative experiences with them, similar to another pay poker video site.

I just saw hasenbraten did private coachins for $25 per hour that could be worth it for you, but i'd like to add i would probably only go for it if you are a losing or break even or small winning player if you are crushing there is no point.
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      Dont try find profesional coach yet, find someone who play one limit above and make sweet sessions together.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

Keep an eye out, coaches sometimes have offers on the forums. Also some higher members sometimes make such threads were they are looking for students. I have done many private coachings and made 100+ video's for PokerStrategy SnG players in the past, all for free through the forums up until a short while back. So there is people willing to make such offers.

If you want a full time coach you'll be paying alot. I wouldn't do it for any less than $50-$75 an hour now, so coaches are probably a fair bit more expensive.

I very highly doubt any sane coach would offer you several free sessions before you start to pay.

Regards,
      Stiev