This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My another try with poker in 2019!

• rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      Hello. I decided to start a blog where I'll be writing down my progres in playing poker and other stufs in coming year. Instead starting from the 1-st of January I do it now.
      I'll be playing Spin&Gos and micro MTTs on Poker Stars.

Starting bankroll: 300$

• 14 replies
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Global
      @rosner13 Happy Grinding and might the cards be with you :f_drink:

Best of Skills & Luck @ Tables,
      OldSchoolPapa.
    • rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      Hello.
      I didn't do any update because of Christmas. In this year I will have a two of them. First was in Poland in my home and second one we will have in Ukraine, where my girlfriend is coming from.
      We will return to Poland 6-th of January and I hope I will write down my yearly goals here at this day.
      Unfortunately I had to make a withdraw and lose some money on spins so current bankroll is around 150$.

Wish you all good luck in 2019!
    • rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      2019 goals:

Learn English: 400 hours
        Learn Russian: 400 hours
        Learn Italian: 200 hours
        Run a marathon and two half-marathons
        Healthy nutrition
        No smoking
        Dancing lessons
        Swiming lessons
        Read 52 books
        Climb to 12 peaks of Crown of Polish Mountains
        Change Job
        At least 1 poker trip

Those are my 2019 non poker goals except poker trip.
    • rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      January 2019 goals:

Learn English: 35 hours
        Learn Russian: 35 hours
        Learn Italian: 18 hours
        Run three times a week
        Healthy nutrition
        No smoking
        No drinking
        Read 4 books
        11 MTTs sessions
        7 swiming practice

• rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      1-st week

Learn English: 5 hours (2.5h)
        Learn Russian: 15 hours (15h)
        Learn Italian: 2 hours (0h)
        Read a book (180/370)

The begining of the New Year wasn't good to my goals. I was still in Ukraine and this was more free time than work. Only russian lessons task were completed because I had to to use that language to talk with anyone. Right now I am already home and I'm preparing to complete all new week tasks :)
      I spend some time playing spins and won few bucks but I hade to make a withdraw 80$ so my bankroll is still at this same level :/

• pizdunar
      pizdunar
      Bronze
      if I were you I'd cross half of the goals you have set out to do at least and just pick top 3-5 at most that you really want. in my experiences every time I wrote down a list like that I didn't acomplish anything while if I wrote down 2-4 things I did them all, but it might just be me, so good luck to you, will be following
    • rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      Hi pizdunar,

I understand what you say and I mostly agree with you. But this is what I'd like to do, not what I have to do. Obviously it will be great if I acomplish all of them.
      After 3 weeks I have problems with learning languages. It's not like that, that I do not learn them at all, but I do not have a plan how to do it. I listen to russian music, watch english / american movies, read books in english. I just do not know how to count that. I have to think about that.

Other things are going well. Only no drinking goal is failed :f_drink:

• rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      January 2019 goals:

Learn English: 35 hours 10/35
        Learn Russian: 35 hours 15/35
        Learn Italian: 18 hours 0/18

Run three times a week 10/11
        Healthy nutrition
        No smoking

No drinking
        Read 4 books 3.5/4
        11 MTTs sessions 10/11
        7 swiming practice 8/7

Time to sum up January. I managed to keep my training plan. It wasn't easy, especially at workdays but I missed only one practice. I schedule to start in a marathon in April and half marathon in end of march. The aim is to go below 4 hours.

I quit smoking but I failed to zero alcochol challenge. I'm pretty satisfied of my nutrition plan, but there was a days when I ate something that wasn't healthy at all :f_rolleyes:
      Only goal which wasn't succesful at all was a learning languages. I have a plan how to improve that in Febuary and it will be my main goal in upcoming month.

In January I played 241 tournaments and managed to made 197.06$ profit. I played some others games to but I didn't track them. I made another 80$ withdraw and right now I have 350$ bankroll.

• rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      February goals

Learn English: 30 hours
        Learn Russian: 30 hours
        Learn Italian: 5 hours
        Run four times a week
        Read 4 books
        11 MTTs sessions
        9 swiming practice

So far nothing special in this month. I played already over 200 tournaments but I didn't manage to achieve any big win.

I played also a little bit PLO10z and PLO25z and lost there a part of my bankroll. I'm very nervous when I'm playing cash tables so I decided to focus only on tournaments.

Marathon preparations are going well. I ran 25km week ago and on this sunday I'll try to run 30km. Also swiming is going better. An aim to fullfill in this month is to swim at least 2km(80 lenghts) during 1-hour training. I almost done that during last practice(only few lenghts short).

• DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Hey dude, nice blog!

I am starting to play Spins also but without MTTs since they take too much time that i dont have since im working FT job also.

Originally posted by rosner13
      Hi pizdunar,

I understand what you say and I mostly agree with you. But this is what I'd like to do, not what I have to do. Obviously it will be great if I acomplish all of them.

Regarding goals, i too agree with pozdunar if you have too much goals it can even affect on you negatively because when you dont fulfill them all, you feel like you failed but you didnt have to do all of them in the first place. Maybe just focusing on most important things is a better solution.
      Just like you said, you would like to do them, and when we "kinda" want something then usually we wont do it or wont do it fully.

Following! :f_drink:
    • pizdunar
      pizdunar
      Bronze
      congrats on sports progress man, I should step up my training a bit as well.. which program do you use in the pic above where you have the schedule?
    • rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      Thanks guys for your advices. Right now main goal is to start in and finish a marathon. However I missed one practice in this week because I was a little bit tired and I found myself so many excuses to just rest.
      I'm using a Garmin watch, which track all my running/cycling or just outdoor activities. Other stuff like indoor swimminig I have to implement by myself. This schedule is coming from Garmin site.
    • rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      February goals

Learn English: 30 hours 5/30 :f_frown:
        Learn Russian: 30 hours 20/30
        Learn Italian: 5 hours 0/5 :f_frown:
        Run four times a week 14/16
        Read 4 books 6/4
        11 MTTs sessions 11/11
        9 swiming practice 8/9

Poker goals in this month were acomplished. I played 379 tournaments with 391.68$ profit. Also I made a deposit on Unibet to play for Unibet Open package and HexaPro tournaments. I already played some of them and I won few bucks.

Trainings are going well. Despite the fact I missed major one on Sunday because of a hangover after my nameday party :f_rolleyes:
      I managed to swim 2000m during one practice and run 30km which is my best result so far.

March goals will be soon. GL on the tables!
    • rosner13
      rosner13
      Bronze
      March goals

Learn English: 10 hours
        Learn Russian: 15 hours
        Learn Italian: 3 hours
        Run a half-marathon
        Run 4 times a week
        Swim at least 2 times a week
        Read 5 books
        Climb to 1 peak of Crown of Polish Mountains
        Add some satelites to UO London during MTT sessions

I decide to decrease amount of hours intended to language learning. In both past month of this year I didn't achive even half of this what I planned.
      Beside my standard training program in this month I will start in a half-marathon on 24th march. Initially I decided to start in this competition to accompany my sister during her first run like this. Unfortunelly she has a knees problem and she had to withdraw.
      Also I want to conquer a peak if in any of my free weekends the weather will be good enough.
      And finally it is a time to start fullfill another 2019 resolution and try to win an Unibet Open London 2019 package so I decided to add some satelites to my sessions.