How to get a few dollars to play with?

• 14 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Just read the articles a little more carefully, you'll pass!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Oh come on, you only need to get 14/20 of the answers right to pass the quiz + you can have the articles open whilst you're attempting it... If you've read the articles carefully, it's really hard to not pass the quiz.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      17/20 ;)

but still easy to do imo
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      more to the point, if you can't pass the quiz you're pretty much guaranteed to lose any money you do gamble with, so just keep at it.
    • complexity0
      complexity0
      Basic
      Its really not that easy...
    • complexity0
      complexity0
      Basic
      And now I've finally completed it in 4 hours worth of work and I already have an account, so I can't get the darn capital! Holy cow.... X( , should have just called some friends over to play poker...
    • complexity0
      complexity0
      Basic
      AND WOW...

I try on fulltilt...and...

- Due to the legal situation in your country, you are not table to register at PokerStrategy. Please accept our apologies.

WTF
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      ^^ so you're from USA, right? ;)

If so, there's nothing we can do to help you because you were asked whether you are US citizen or not when you registered here.
    • complexity0
      complexity0
      Basic
      Right because you couldn't have anywhere else on the site besides right in the agreement spot that usually all say the same thing that you don't accept US residents. You wait until someone spends 400 hours going through the trivia and then mention, eh, you're from the USA.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello complexity0,

Actually its the first thing a player is made aware of when registering. Before creating your account you actually confirmed that you were not currently residing in the U.S. Since a lot of players don't read what they are signing up for we even added an image.

Although this is unfortunate, there is nothing we can do about it.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • complexity0
      complexity0
      Basic
      You click on ads right? No... People who have been online for a long time, ignore the area around the checkbox completely, because signing up is such a tedious task, imagine, if you sat there and read everything on every site you signed up for.

I recommend, making it a bit more obvious. Especially, when a lot of your traffic is US based.

I appreciate it. I need to fight for some cause because obviously I wouldn't have went through all of that crap if it wasn't for something greater.

The articles did give me some good incite, but it discouraged me from wanting to play poker. Lol.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      How did you come up with the name 'complexity'? LOL :D
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      How did you come up with the name 'complexity'? LOL :D
      lol'd
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by complexity0
      You click on ads right? No... People who have been online for a long time, ignore the area around the checkbox completely, because signing up is such a tedious task, imagine, if you sat there and read everything on every site you signed up for.

I recommend, making it a bit more obvious. Especially, when a lot of your traffic is US based.

I appreciate it. I need to fight for some cause because obviously I wouldn't have went through all of that crap if it wasn't for something greater.

The articles did give me some good incite, but it discouraged me from wanting to play poker. Lol.
      Hello complexity0,

Thank you for the feedback, yet we can hardly take responsibility for people not reading what they sign up for.

Our US traffic is only a very small percentage of our traffic, since we are obviously not a US based site (since we aren't able to operate in that market) & don't advertise there. Most of those US players that do come to the site - don't even end up signing up due to the disclaimer.

Of course there are a few that do - and they usually end up reading free educational articles that lay a good foundation to build future poker careers on. Even while there is no $50 at the end of the quiz for them - there is no real disadvantage aside from having lost some time due to not reading our terms & conditions. As such I don't think making large layout changes to give US players additional warnings is really necessary.

Best regards
      SoyCD