Expected winrates

• z6x56
      z6x56
      Global
      im interested what winrates are standard for poker variants like:
      Fixed limit - fr,sh,hu
      No limit -fr,sh,hu
      Omaha -fr,sh,hu
      Also what roi should be standard for fr,sh,hu sngos.
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello z6x56,

The question is highly dependent on the limit you are playing at (your winrate at the micros will obviously be higher than at the high stakes) and on your own skill. There is no 'standard' winrate for a certain format - since the difficulty of the formats are also very platform specific.

If you play on a soft platform like Pacific Poker you might have a 2-3 ptBB/100 higher winrate than at a tougher site like Full Tilt.

Same goes for SNGs.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • z6x56
      z6x56
      Global
      I think i asked question in wrong way i meant if you have same bankroll for all those variants which would give most $/100 hands(i say $ now coz you play higher limits on fixed then at no limit with same rolls)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by z6x56
      I think i asked question in wrong way i meant if you have same bankroll for all those variants which would give most $/100 hands(i say $ now coz you play higher limits on fixed then at no limit with same rolls)
      Hey z6x56,

This is not really that easy to answer since as I said in the previous post - it depends on the platform you are playing at and your own skill level. Your own skill level depends on how good you are at the format of your choosing. You can achieve similar winrates on all of the formats.. and there isn't a "sure fire way of making the most money" in any format. Otherwise everyone would be playing that.

Poker - especially in the beginning isn't about quick money - its about learning, improving, and then playing those tables at which you have an edge against your opponents.

On top of this - there are many different styles you can choose to play. Some people might decide to play 4 tables of LAG SH No Limit - and make a quite high amount of $/hand while other players play 20 tables of TAG Fullring No Limit and make a lot less per hand - but still more per hour.

Best regards
      SoyCD