[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH A9o

• koaesica
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , 9:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,20, CO folds, BU calls $0,20, SB folds, BB calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,62) 8:club: , 7:spade: , A:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,40, BU raises to $0,80, BB folds, Hero calls $0,40.

Turn: ($2,22) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($4,22) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,12 (All-In), Hero calls $3,12.

Final Pot: $10,46

How should I react on the turn and river?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      I hate being check-minraised because it both shows strength enough to scare and still provides some sort of okay odds to call most the time.

Basically your entire decision is made when you call the flop re-raise. If you call you are probably showdown bound. If you fold you give credit for a set or a better ace. BU is fairly aggressive and plays a stupidly wide range of trash. BU also limps all but 4% of his range so far. That puts some of better aces in his limping range (AT-AQ). However it also means he is limping A2o+ and could probably overplay it enough to donk you with it.

I think I am playing bet-call on the flop then bet-shove on the turn. Once that second ace hits the community table there is no way you are releasing this hand before showdown and a reasonable river bet is putting UTG all in anyway. Its generally better to generate some kind of fold equity while moving your money into the middle rather than being the caller yourself.
    • Kaitz20
      I´d likely play the same way nh