This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH OESFD vs 2

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.67
      MP2:
      $7.99
      MP3:
      $9.20

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , 5:spade:
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 7:spade: , 4:spade: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.40) A:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.40, MP3 calls $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

River: ($5.60) 9:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $6.14 (All-In), MP3 calls $6.14, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $17.88

on the turn OESFD + top pair i couldnt resist calling. should i?
      also i thought of reraising flop but i was afraid someone is having bigger spade so i just called
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Basically I would call for straight flush odds only.

- If I hit flush, Im beat.
      - If I hit straight I can be beat by better straight, plus you must discount outs because of FD.

The A on turn doesnt affect MP2 so you are prob behind to 2pair or set and I would prob fold turn to action from passive opp's.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Agree w/ Brood. A 1 card OESFD isnt worth a whole lot, especially when a not straight flush only gives you the 5-high. At least with say 45 to a 67 board you have a very good chance of a not-straight flush being a winning hand. Even better 67 to a 45 board so if a str falls its the nuts.

I think I could find a fold to the flop here. I hate investing from BB in marginal situations.

PF though I think I could have found a squeeze. We have an A to protect our blind with and two limpers to take money off. I am raising to 6xBB PF then check-evaluating on the flop. With two callers for 6xBB ea I would release my OESFD for a pot-sized bet, but probably continue for a halfer.
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      According to the Equity we have to fold to the turn potsize bet and the MP3 coldcall.