This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Best site to upload a video?

• p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I made a video of me playing an sng set for analysis, what would be the best site to upload? I was thinkin yousendit, but it only stays there for a week I think. Any suggestions?

Just realised I can't post it on here from yousendit coz u can only transfer through email.
  • 5 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Sarah,

I personally use MegaUpload and havent had any problems yet, and im sure quite a few other people from here use that too.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'm totally useless -_- I can't find where to upload on MegaUpload, and the file is too big to watch unless you're a premium member.

Edit- Nevermind, I realised the upload thing is on the first page, couldn't find it after the sign up page. N I'm editin the video speed so its less than 1gb (and probably less boring to watch)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      If its still in its .avi format Sarah, one thing you can do to make it smaller is to convert it to the .wmv format.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I used filefactory to upload mine. Seemed like a good bet to me. :D

If it's over a gig then you are using the wrong things to record it. Make sure you are using the right codecs, i.e. compression when recording, otherwise you will end up with a huge .avi and it usually takes a lot of time to compress it after recording. There's literally dozens of ways of setting up a recording, but for starters use the windows media 9 video codec and mp3 for audio.

I have a process set up for myself but my computer is a little old so maybe there's a better way for faster comp's. I use the xvid codec for video and mp3 for audio. I end up with a 40min recording being 40 MB's and no post-processing to do. I have a couple vids on my blog if you want to have a look.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      I use rapidshare.com

Definitely my favorite.