This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - AQs

• PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $16,25
      UTG2:
      $10,00
      MP1:
      $3,70
      CO:
      $6,00
      BU:
      $2,10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , A:club: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, MP1 calls $0,10, 2 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,80, UTG2 calls $0,70, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,95) 8:spade: , 6:club: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,20, UTG2 calls $1,20.

Turn: ($4,35) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,00, UTG2 raises to $8,00 (All-In), Hero calls $5,00.

River: ($20,35) 6:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of sixes (Qc Ac)
      UTG2 shows two pairs, sixes and fives (5d 5c)

UTG2 wins with two pairs, sixes and fives (5d 5c)

Stats doesn't tell much since I don't have that many hands on him (and I only have trial elephant atm, so the hud I had wasn't that helpful as the accual numbers would have been), but I've seen him do some crazy donkmoves.

pre: standard i guess
      flop: standard c-bet
      Turn: Since I picked up the nut-fd, I keep on betting. Maybe I should have picked another approach here, since I'm pretty much comitting myself with this bet. When he puches, I need 5$ in a 15$ pot to call, and since I'd already spent that much money in the pot I figured out I just couldn't fold.

What should I have done different?
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      PFR is good and strong for AQs OOP.

On the flop... im not sure about conti-betting this flop. Your PFR range missed that flop entirely about half the time and UTG2 knows that and could have decided to make a clumsy float.

I am giving up on that flop and waiting for a better time to try and crunch the donkey.

As played the turn isnt a great 2nd barrel card. It completes str to any 9 and gives a slowplayed set reason to shove over you for protection (you might have AKs/AQs after all, if they have put you on overcards / overpair). You can check-fold or check-call depending on villain bet size and odds / implied to your nut flush draw.

The results prove villain is a bit of a clown which was your justification for overplaying the hand so I guess its okay to post them. All I can say is, even donkeys sometimes win hands - just as important as identifying a fish is identifying the correct hand to gut and skin them on. This wasnt that hand.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would c/c turn since we dont want him to raise us out of the hand.
      You dont have FE after he calls that flop and turn complements flop. So try and make a hand before betting again imo.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Preflop: OK

Flop: OK

Turn: I like C/C better here, since he's not that aggressive and I think when he calls the flop you don't have much fold equity either. As played though, you have to call the shove with 3:1