$10,00
      MP1:
      $3,70
      CO:
      $6,00
      BU:
      $2,10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , A:club: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, MP1 calls $0,10, 2 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,80, UTG2 calls $0,70, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,95) 8:spade: , 6:club: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,20, UTG2 calls $1,20.

Turn: ($4,35) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,00, UTG2 raises to $8,00 (All-In), Hero calls $5,00.

River: ($20,35) 6:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of sixes (Qc Ac)
      UTG2 shows two pairs, sixes and fives (5d 5c)

UTG2 wins with two pairs, sixes and fives (5d 5c)

Stats doesn't tell much since I don't have that many hands on him (and I only have trial elephant atm, so the hud I had wasn't that helpful as the accual numbers would have been), but I've seen him do some crazy donkmoves.

pre: standard i guess
      flop: standard c-bet
      Turn: Since I picked up the nut-fd, I keep on betting. Maybe I should have picked another approach here, since I'm pretty much comitting myself with this bet. When he puches, I need 5$ in a 15$ pot to call, and since I'd already spent that much money in the pot I figured out I just couldn't fold.

What should I have done different?
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      PFR is good and strong for AQs OOP.

On the flop... im not sure about conti-betting this flop. Your PFR range missed that flop entirely about half the time and UTG2 knows that and could have decided to make a clumsy float.

I am giving up on that flop and waiting for a better time to try and crunch the donkey.

As played the turn isnt a great 2nd barrel card. It completes str to any 9 and gives a slowplayed set reason to shove over you for protection (you might have AKs/AQs after all, if they have put you on overcards / overpair). You can check-fold or check-call depending on villain bet size and odds / implied to your nut flush draw.

The results prove villain is a bit of a clown which was your justification for overplaying the hand so I guess its okay to post them. All I can say is, even donkeys sometimes win hands - just as important as identifying a fish is identifying the correct hand to gut and skin them on. This wasnt that hand.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would c/c turn since we dont want him to raise us out of the hand.
      You dont have FE after he calls that flop and turn complements flop. So try and make a hand before betting again imo.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Preflop: OK

Flop: OK

Turn: I like C/C better here, since he's not that aggressive and I think when he calls the flop you don't have much fold equity either. As played though, you have to call the shove with 3:1