BU:
      $5.95
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $21.00

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.3, Hero raises to $1.2, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $4, Hero calls $2.80.

Flop: ($8.15) 2, 8, 5 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($8.15) K (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $6.30, MP3 calls $6.30.

River: ($20.75) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.75.
  • 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1330/

Protection betting.

PF - marginal. With your image if I was MP3 my 4-bet range would be TT+ AJs+ so you can call here or even shove.

Flop - No wonder your cbets all get called, if you check down when you have a hand. Read the protection betting article stat. Minimum bet here is 2/3rds pot.

Turn - After checking behind the flop and seeing a card that not only overs your QQ but completes flush as well you have to check-fold. Effectively you committing to giving up on the turn if it was an ace, king or spade.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      After I got 4bet preflop, I had two thoughts: 1; 4betting preflop is mostly done by AAKK(QQ). 2; Shove, fold or call. Folding felt wrong, so I landed on call, though I prefer shove or fold. My remaining stack isnt enough to play optimally with postflop.

I'll read the article tomorrow. Thank you. :)

p.s.: Are you a judge?
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      No judge, just overly active commentator :)

If you look through some of the hands *I* have posted here you will see why I dont apply to judge! ;)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      After I got 4bet preflop, I had two thoughts: 1; 4betting preflop is mostly done by AAKK(QQ). 2; Shove, fold or call. Folding felt wrong, so I landed on call, though I prefer shove or fold. My remaining stack isnt enough to play optimally with postflop.

I'll read the article tomorrow. Thank you. :)

p.s.: Are you a judge?
      - If you think he is a mega-nit, fold preflop, if not, try and get it in and hopefully he will have AK, JJ or worse.
      - If you dont like folding and dont want to shove, I suppose you can call, but then I would go for pot control all the way.
      - The Ks isnt a good card to bet imo, AK just got there. If he has AA/KK/AK, what do you beat here?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hey!

Preflop: After you 3bet you need to shove or fold your QQ.

Calling is bad (the worst option) because you don't want to see overs and if you don't you still need to shove in the end anyway.

I would always shove QQ after 3betting with it preflop, because if you don't shove QQ here then you will be folding way too much to 4bets and that can be exploited - maybe not on NL10 but on NL10 I also think QQ is strong enough to shove here everytime.

If you have stats and you're playing against a total nit, then I would rather call preflop than to 3bet/fold, because that way you keep his weaker hands in the pot like JJ, TT that you could be dominating - not to mention the set value of course, and you can extract a lot of money from them postflop.

That's how I would play QQ here