20++ bi downswing

• jimmyy99
      jimmyy99
      Bronze
      Hello to everyone.

In the last 10.000 hands i am down 20+ buy ins.I lost all my winnings for the month and more.It's a week now , that i loose from ridiculous hands.All the hands that you can and can't imagine.I play NL25 sss.

I make some mistakes yes , but i don't think i'm on tilt.

So , any advice would be very helpfull.

thank you...
  • 5 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello jimmy,

Im also playing NL25 SSS and im currently on a 33 BI downswing over 15k hands.

The only thing i can suggest from my own experience is that if you are completely happy with the way you are playing your hands then just trust in your bankroll management and if it gets too low then move down a limit to rebuild again.

I am now moving down to NL10 to re-build and will take a second assault at NL25 with a 45/50 BI ruleso that i can have more of a cushion when i move up again rather than the recommended 30 BI rule as i feel that it doesn't give you much of a cushion when you first move up.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      This seems to be a pretty bad month for a lot of pokerstrategists. I have lost 300$ (+-30 BIs) over 700 SNGs myself. I guess we just have to keep learning and keep playing and it will turn for the better again sooner or later..
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      - play fewer tables than usual
      - go through your played hands and see how many of them have you misplayed - if you played too much lately take a short time-out from poker
      - watch some videos instead of just playing

I was $200 down this month. After that I took a timeout, read some articles and started playing again. After each session I went through my hands and wrote some notes for myself. I gradually increased the number of tables and it's working for now...

Good luck
    • jimmyy99
      jimmyy99
      Bronze
      Hey ,

Thank you for your answers.

TheBu11d0g and LuborC , i wish you to recover and play at higher limits soon.

yaxkukmian , thanx for the advices.I think i'll take a short time out,i'll read more articles and watch more videos.

good luck to all
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      I just had a bad night of it, built up over the last 2 days, and in the last 3k hands ive gone on my first big downswing of around 14 BI's which is really annoying cus it takes me to within $6 or where i started! and i'd almost doubled my roll upto this point.

It can be very frustrating for sure! lol but ive quit for the night, back on it tomorrow refreshed and start building again I hope!