This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Short Handed Tournaments Advice

• kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey, i was just looking for advice on playing SH tournaments. How should i loosen my PF ranges up? I am a SH cash game player, and an ok Tournament player. I qualified for SCOOP event 1 low (r + a) so wanna get any tips before i play it :D

Thanks very much
  • 2 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you can loosen up a bit in this tourneys preflop, the structure of that tourney actually allows a M>20 by just folding and taking the addon so there will be a ton of deepstack play after the rebuy period is over.

Stealing and restealing should be done more often in a SH tourney, since is a very low rebuy tourney probably there are people shipping their stack preflop every hand, actually if you get a couple of great cards can go to the add on with a M>50 which should be great :) I hope people are as bad as the $3.3 rebuy
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      the best you can do then is to cut the UTG positiopns out of your head ;)
      its six handed so open raise the same hands you would open raise from MP and so on :)

same is true for resteals or reraises, a raise from UTG doesnt mean you cannot reraise with AQ ;)

but dont be too lose, because many players will be very lose.
      try to keep yourself out of trouble with hands like KJ AJ and so on