How long doest it take for your elephant to load?

• mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      Hey guys... I wonder how long does it take for your elephant to load?

I have like 100K hands in my database. My oc is dell inspiron 1525 laptop with 2ghz procesor and 2gb RAM which i guess is kinda ok...

And it takes 30 minutes for my elephant to load.... which is pretty sick.

So how long is your elephant loading? and does anyone know any tricks to speed it up?
  • 10 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      30k hands only takes me about 2-3 minutes to load

try to compact your DB theres an option somewhere I am not sure how much better it will be. (i think its called vaccume or something i think not sure)
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      30 mins? Wow, I thought the 1 or 2 minutes it was taking for mine to load was bad.
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      nothing really help... nor vacum nor complete nor anything.... it just takes 30 minutes......

anyone having this? or had these kind of problems? please help me find a solution....
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Originally posted by mafaz
      nothing really help... nor vacum nor complete nor anything.... it just takes 30 minutes......

anyone having this? or had these kind of problems? please help me find a solution....
      do you really need all those hands in the database if they are from an old limit or something you could get rid of them and see if it makes it load any faster..they should be archived somewhere anyways
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      5-10 mins now.

which brings us to the question: How do I make a backup of old Elephant hands/data so that I can delete them and speed up my pc?
    • imoldovann
      imoldovann
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker

do you really need all those hands in the database if they are from an old limit or something you could get rid of them and see if it makes it load any faster..they should be archived somewhere anyways
      40k hands, about 2-3 minutes.

I think that it's also because u have a laptop. Probably the harddisk has slower access time or smth.
      I have dualcore with 3 Gigs of RAM and I thought it takes a lot.

And it can also slow down, I guess, if you have hand histories from more than one site.

But like Pid said, older hands you should delete, if you have so many hands you probably play now at a totally different limit, so the old ones are useless by now.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze

Are you using V67?

Try optimizing data base under dats base management. Remember to reboot computer..........this got me from 15miins to 2 mins
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      How can I delete hands without fkn up my database?
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      37 seconds
      2x2.5 ghz dualcore 4 gb ram 500 gb drive & 250 K hands, but it's a laptop...
      13 secs for HEM though. had to switch from elephant to play @ ongame
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      Does the starting speed change with new pre relase of v68?

I am very intersted in this issue, please give some infos how many secs before and with installed v68.

Version can be found here:

http://elephant.pokerstrategy.com/Pre-release_for_new_FTP_Update

Feedback very very welcome!