Omfg!!!!!!!

• icegooner4
      icegooner4
      Bronze
      OMG!!!!!!! Started multi tabling MTT's for the first time today, playing ABC poker... Well that didn't work because I didn't get any cards at all so all I could do was fold till I had 10xBB stack, and then shove. I get down to the final MTT I'm playing in, a 637 man deepstack. Since I got knocked out of the other ones I started playing brilliantly, got my self from 1100 to 17k in just a few dozen hands, stealing blinds, restealing, outplaying. when I have 17k the average stack is about 13k, 136 ppl left, and this happens:

Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 200/400 Blinds, 50 Ante, 9 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: 16,975
      UTG+2: 26,152
      MP1: 20,538
      MP2: 15,920
      Hero (CO): 19,390
      BTN: 9,370
      SB: 20,965
      BB: 3,984
      UTG: 2,107

Pre-Flop: (1,050) K:spade: K:club: dealt to Hero (CO)
      UTG calls 400, UTG+1 raises to 2,250, 3 folds, Hero raises to 19,340 and is All-In, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls 14,675 and is All-In

Flop: (35,300) T:heart: J:club: 4:club: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: (35,300) 9:club: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (35,300) 3:diamond: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 35,300 Pot
      UTG+1 showed J:spade: J:diamond: (three of a kind, Jacks) and WON 35,300 (+18,325 NET)
      Hero showed K:spade: K:club: (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-16,975 NET)

OMFG OMFG OMFG!!! I would have been the second chipleader with 38k, 95xBB!!!!!!!! OMFG I can't get over this fucking beat!!!!!!!! Been grinding all night with absolutely NO cards, then I get into the zone and play every hand I enter to perfection, and then get a beat like that. I can't believe this f*cking sh*t!

It makes it so much worse that I haven't cashed anything decent in a long time now, and this was gonna be my f*cking tournament!!!!!!!!!!

Horrible end to miserable night.

Rant over
  • 9 replies
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      Relax man...
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Just remember this:

In a few weeks time, you'll be sitting there, on the last table of an MTT when two Jacks are dealt to you. You're thinking to yourself: "awsome! I'm pushing this baby for the win". Unexpectedly, someone calls you and you think "idiot fish - I got Jacks - you're toast!"

Then he flips over two kings and your heart sinks through the floor. "End of my tournament", you groan.

And then, what do you know, the flop brings you a Jack, straight from the heavens. And this time, it's your lucky day. That's all there is. Gotta smile about the suckouts and smile 'bout the bad beats, too.

And, if you can learn to do that, tell me how, won't you?

glatt,
      Tim
    • corshi
      corshi
      Bronze
      continuation to the story...

and then the river brings an king and you are f@#!d up like always...
      (happened to me)
      or worse you flop your jack on the flop and on the turn and river he makes quads:|

anyway ... chill out man ... it's poker:)
    • icegooner4
      icegooner4
      Bronze
      Yeah I know guys, I was just blowing some steam... Frusterating evening of poker, that all.

Tim64: That little story is the reason why I manage to stay away from titling at the table, because I know that I too bring bad beats onto other people (although I do it less often than the fish because I rarely get it in with the worst hand).

I say again, I don't let myself get this angry at the tables, but since this was my last tourny I just had to blow off some steam :D

Cheers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Just remember this:

In a few weeks time, you'll be sitting there, on the last table of an MTT when two Jacks are dealt to you. You're thinking to yourself: "awsome! I'm pushing this baby for the win". Unexpectedly, someone calls you and you think "idiot fish - I got Jacks - you're toast!"

Then he flips over two kings and your heart sinks through the floor. "End of my tournament", you groan.

And then, what do you know, the flop brings you a Jack, straight from the heavens. And this time, it's your lucky day. That's all there is. Gotta smile about the suckouts and smile 'bout the bad beats, too.

And, if you can learn to do that, tell me how, won't you?

glatt,
      Tim
      Dam, you should write books or TV scripts, you would make it!!
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Once in the Tournement I was dealt KK twice, both times I pushed them preflop. Both times I ran to AA, both times I hit my King ;)

TTT
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      On my downswing I kept losing when I was ahead, n look what happened yesterday :D

Full Tilt Poker, $2 + $0.25 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 25/50 Blinds, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: 3,855
      Hero (BB): 2,080
      UTG: 2,575
      MP: 1,155
      CO: 1,395
      BTN: 2,440

Pre-Flop: (75) J:spade: J:club: dealt to Hero (BB)
      4 folds, SB raises to 350, Hero raises to 2,080 and is All-In, SB calls 1,730

Flop: (4,160) K:club: 4:diamond: 7:spade: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: (4,160) J:diamond: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (4,160) A:spade: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 4,160 Pot
      SB showed Q:diamond: Q:heart: (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-2,080 NET)
      Hero showed J:spade: J:club: (three of a kind, Jacks) and WON 4,160 (+2,080 NET)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I can't imagine what you would have done if flop came XXK turn J river J.

this maybe?

but seriously, get used to this, multitabling you'll get tons of bad beats ;) .
    • icegooner4
      icegooner4
      Bronze
      yup I will, this was just the end of my first real downswing, so was very f
      frusterated ;)