I just want to thanks..

• marlonmlk
      marlonmlk
      Bronze
      Well, how can I start. My name is Marlon i'm from Brazil and I'm 25 years old, and I know to play poker for like 1 year, but just recently I get engaged playing online poker.
      Like many of you, I started playing in the free boards, just to get used with the game, the cards and etc.
      So like 1 month ago I decided "let's play for real". And I deposited US$20 in PokerStars and started to play 0.01/0.02 NL, well.. the rest of the story you already know, I almost lost all my money lol, I was with like 7 bucks just this weekend.
      So I met a dude from here that plays very well poker, and invited me to this site. I started reading the SSS, done the quiz, and now i'm waiting to get my 50 bucks on fulltilt.
      Back on PokerStars, I want to be honest.. I was feelling like some guy who posted in the Blog session "Get rich playing poker or get broke trying" lol. So I opened 3 tables in the 0.05/0.10 NL with my bankroll on 7 bucks. Yes.. I know what bankroll manage is, but I was on tilt, and guess what happened? After reading all the possible articles in this site, watching the forums, and the videos? Well on saturday night (28/03) I was with 28 bucks, I've played like 8 hours straight. I followed the charts with no variances. On sunday I played like 3 hours on 0.01/0.02 NL, and ended up with 33 bucks :D
      On this 2 days of extense poker playing, and watching some pro's playing the high stakes on sunday I was manage to learn (I think lol) the tatic of defending blinds, after seeing alot of times the cut-off (or SB/BB pos) raise (of course, here I set up a range of cards that actually was playable), after the earlier and middle positions folds. That simple move improve my game ALOT.
      That's it, I just don't mind about the 50 bucks free, I just want to get as soon as possible to be able to learn about everything in here.
      I don't know if this what happened was just "pure lucky", but I'm feelling very good and confident to play poker.

That's it, thank you for all you people who helped to become what this community really is, a Poker School.

Cheers.

Marlon Konrad.
  • 4 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi Marlon,
      Welcome and good luck ;)
      watching some pro's playing the high stakes on sunday

DO NOT bring HSP experience into microlimits,you will regret it.Play SSS till u reach BR u need for NL2 or NL5 and then BSS.Read articles and watch video,can post hands in forum.
      :)
    • marlonmlk
      marlonmlk
      Bronze
      Ok dallievas, thanks for the tip.
      I didn't find any tips in here to protect blinds in SSS. I know this isn't the right place, but i'll wait to get bronze status before start posting about poker strategy.

Cheers
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey marlonmlk,

Welcome to PokerStrategy! Good to hear you are already having a certain degree of success at the tables - I hope it holds up. Stealing and re-stealing is not a topic of the beginning SSS articles and is not really necessary at the low limits. As you move up the articles teach you more advanced moves to integrate into your game - such as stealing against tight opponents and re-stealing against looser raisers. For the moment just stick to the basics though ;)

As you say you are from Brazil; there is also an entire Portuguese speaking community with lots of other Brazilian players; http://pt.pokerstrategy.com/home/ just in case you want to check it out.

Best regards and hope to see you around,
      SoyCD
    • Shadow01011979
      Shadow01011979
      Bronze
      By the way.... It's not adviceble to protect blinds when playing SSS. The entire idea of the SSS is to keep the play as simple as possible, without having to make marginal decisions on the flop or turn. You either have a very good hand that to try to go all in with or you fold.
      Good luck!