security/ID Check

• jessthehuman
      jessthehuman
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I was curious about something. I signed up a couple days ago and received an ID check. Now, when I signed up, my dad and his partner also signed up (we have the same residential address).

We all received an ID check, I presume this is maybe because we all signed up from the same computer ? same night..

Anyway, we have each sent our individual photo ID's, I've been reading the Terms & Conditions and can't find anything against more than one member of a household signing up..

I just wanted to check that this is ok and that there is no problems with my account ?? Just because we all received this "random" ID check..

I assume since we've all sent in our separate drivers licenses confirming address, D.O.B, etc that this will be alright ??

Any update on status of my ID check ?

Thank You !
  • 12 replies
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      it's not necessarily random when you have multiple members of the household sign up, i believe.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello jessthehuman,

While we do have random ID checks, when multiple people from the same house sign up, the ID checks are not necessarily 'random' anymore. Our support is also quite strict when it comes to cases where it may be the case of 1 person registering multiple accounts in the name of family members - so this is definitely not advised.

There is nothing speaking against multiple people from the same family signing up - BUT every person needs to use their account by themselves, take the quiz without help of others, etc.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • jessthehuman
      jessthehuman
      Bronze
      Thanks SoyCD

Yes, I gathered that it would be an extra security measure there.

I just wanted to check that it is ok to do so and check what progress on starting capital is (just my one lol)

And yes, we each took our own tests (I printed all the material) and everything else, although I was the one who found the site and suggested it to them, as previously, we've all had play money accounts at full-tilt for quite a while.

When can I expect the capital to be deposited ?? I know it takes over 48hrs cause of ID check, but how much longer do I have to wait ??

thank you and sorry for being a pest, I'm just anxious to start playing, I don't doubt that this site is legit, I'm just craving some $$ poker, as I've been playing with play chips for a long time..

Haha, since opening up a real money account at FTP (for this offer) I've actually mainly just been watching real cash games rather than playing with play chips, which interestingly enough, even at some higher levels, people play very similarly to how they do with play chips.. Not always, some games been real tight, but some I've watched have been ridiculous..

anyway, thank you and I look forward to starting playing $$ and joining community, been reading over forums and articles last two days... Lol - not helping my impatience.. but ah well
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello jessthehuman,

If you already have had Full Tilt accounts then you won't be able to create new accounts on which to receive starting capital.

It seems that our support has already tried to transfer the money (after processing the ID check) without success. You can only receive starting capital on platforms on which you were previously not registered.

Please write a ticket to our support after choosing a different poker room to receive your starting capital at (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform) and include the name of the room + your account name there in the ticket. They will then send it to that account.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • jessthehuman
      jessthehuman
      Bronze
      Ok - I'll pick a different platform..

HOWEVER, the FTP software we had installed was from Fulltilt.org, which is STRICTLY playmoney, no real money options, we actually had to download the fulltilt.com (REAL $) after signing up to this site, and I *think* i read somewhere that so long as I've never had a real money account, it should be ok. My mistake if that isn't the case, but I honestly thought that was so..

Another thing, if this WAS the problem, why only tell me about it now ?? Why not let me know the problem straight away ??

anyway, thanks for eventual reply, I will register with a new platform now..

thanks
    • jessthehuman
      jessthehuman
      Bronze
      ok - well I've downloaded and signed up to TITAN poker now

I'd much rather FTP and I've never had a real money account there, however, if that can't be done, please xfr capital to TITAN instead, i logged a ticket.

thanks
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jessthehuman

Another thing, if this WAS the problem, why only tell me about it now ?? Why not let me know the problem straight away ??

Hello jessthehuman,

There are 48 hours processing times for ID checks and up to 48 hours processing times for transferring the starting capital. Our support does not actually know a transfer was not successful until it doesn't go through with the poker platform. That means we don't know these kind of things beforehand. Considering you haven't even received a ticket about it yet, I'm guessing your transfer was just denied very very recently.

Since I happened to check I let you know about it, but you can be sure we don't keep our members waiting without reason and try to answer as fast as possible.

If you wrote a ticket our support will take care of it a.s.a.p.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • jessthehuman
      jessthehuman
      Bronze
      Thanks SoyCD,

Sorry - for being a pain about it all - I'm just frustrated. Hopefully it'll all be good now. Thanks for the replies and once again sorry for having a go, I'm just a bit anxious about the whole thing and then it goes wrong and I get upset.

Thanks for your time
    • jessthehuman
      jessthehuman
      Bronze
      I was looking over the Full Tilt requirements on the choose platform part of site after quizz is completed
      "You already have a real money account at Full Tilt Poker
      Unfortunately you can't receive any starting capital from us if you already have an existing account. Please return to the last page and choose another platform"

Please note, in my case, I have NEVER had a FTP real money account, the play money account is on separate software, does NOT take personal details (like country, address, etc) and apparently because of this play money account (and please note, I signed up with a new username/email for the real money account) I was unable to receive starting capital at FTP - even though I've never had a real money account on ANY poker room, ever.

All I suggest, is please update info to state that bonus capital cannot be received even if you've only ever had a play money account.. This information would have saved me time and frustration and annoying posts on this board.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey jessthehuman,

You are right. If having a .org account disqualifies you from creating a new other FT account it should say "You already have an account at Full Tilt Poker". I'll just have our partner management confirm this and then have the heading changed.

On a side note; I don't actually know why your FT transfer was rejected - it could also have to do with an incorrectly entered bonus code. I assumed it might have been due to the previous account.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • west188
      west188
      Bronze
      Hi jessthehuman,

I see that you've chosen Titan to play on. Just be advised that while Poker Strategy allows you to open multiple accounts from the same household, the situation with Titan is opposite - only one account per household/computer.
      Full Tilt for example doesn't have problem with it - me and my dad both play on it.
    • jessthehuman
      jessthehuman
      Bronze
      Thanks for the heads up west188, at this point, only I have signed up with TITAN, so I'll leave it at that. And assuming my dad and his partners xfr's are also rejected with FTP, they can nominate a different room.

SoyCD: I can say 100% that I used the correct PS150 bonus code, I actually copy & pasted it from the instructions screen and even then double/tripple checked it. I'm pretty pedantic with those sorts of things.

Although, if it wasn't the play money thing, it may be that, since all three household members signed up the same day, we all also created FTP real money accounts.. So maybe it was just a security measure on their part..

Either way, we'll see how it goes with Titan, and thanks again West188, you may have saved me (and family) considerable headache with that tip :)

on a side note, had a play around with TITAN software, it's pretty horrible and terribly laggy, starting to regret that decision, but I guess if I can stick it out long enough I'll be able to xfr bankroll over to FTP and get first deposit bonus with them and all will be well in the end..