[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh - Kk

• pokeralle
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , K:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,30, Hero raises to $0,90, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,95) 8:heart: , Q:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,97, Hero raises to $3,00, MP3 calls $2,03.

Turn: ($7,95) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $3,50 (All-In) Hero?

Maybe bet a little bit more on the flop to protect against FD, but then im basically committing myself, and I could already be beaten against a possible set.
      When the turn comes villian thinks for a quite a while before he moves all in.
      What to do?
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      It's very close :evil:

I think you're better off raising to *atleast* $4 on the flop, because after his donk and you raise to $3 he is only calling $2 into a $6 dollar pot which makes it not so bad to call with a flushdraw (3:1). If you raise to 4 you give him 2.3:1 which is more of a mistake on his part if he calls. I suppose with that reasoning you could also just shove against his stack, because you need to go broke on the turn then anyway.

With this reasoning I think the best play would be to just shove the flop to get maximum value out of flushdraws, or possibly pair+flushdraw (AhQh)

As played, I can't find a fold here - even more with your timing tell. Against only sets and made flushes we just barely don't have enough equity to make a profitable call, however I can see him playing this line with something like AhQx aswell (the raise/call3bet preflop is more likely a hand like AQ than 88 or 44), so in given situation I would call.

I'll leave this open however to let some other judges say what they think, since I'm very much not sure about what the optimal play on the flop is.
    • soucy
      I raise the flop to $3.50 and call a shove. If he just calls i shove or call any non A turn because of the redraw to the 2nd nfd if the turn is a heart.