Stack
      BB:
      $6,81
      Hero:
      $6,34
      BU:
      $8,53

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,25, 4 folds, BU calls $0,25, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,77) 7:club: , 7:spade: , 4:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $0,20, Hero calls $0,20, BU calls $0,20.

Turn: ($1,37) A:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets $0,15, Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,67

Ok, here I put my thoughts, probably not the best but im just learning :P

Flop: After the minraise, i have 3 choices: to fold, to call or to raise. I am here behind any pocket pair and any 7, also there is a flushdraw on the board. Certainly a bad board for a c/bet (right?), but before me BB minraises, so I could fold here and I think it wouldn't be that bad.

By raising I am probably taking the pot right there, but if I'm called it would be probably by a better hand than mine.. I decided to call and see a cheap turn (I wasn't the last to act, so this was prob. a mistake) but oh well I did that.

Turn: I hit the ace, and again BB minraises, but this time I decide to raise for value-protection, was my raise too big?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Flop - fold or cbet. A 20c raise is either a bluff-induce or a bad block bet from a drawer.

Given that you made a larger than usual raise from UTG2 you can cbet this flop representing QQ+, even though its a horrible flop for cbetting from a late position raise. So I am raising here to 90c, representing a "protection" bet.

Turn - you got another block or bluff-induce out of BB, this time even weaker. Since we hit our ace we now hold a strong made hand and should re-raise for protection even if we suspect it is a bluff induce. At least then we know where we stand and dont have to make difficult decisions to a big river bet. We also open the possability of a free showdown.

As played your turn-raise is fine, possibly even a little bit smaller than it should be for a good protection bet. BB is signalling an interest in seeing more cards with these silly little bets so you can protect stronger.

River - assuming you got called by BB and BB checks, check behind for a free showdown. If BB re-raised the turn then you should have already folded. If BB bets small again and the obvious draw (flush) didnt complete, just call it, as its probably a bluff induce. If BB bets big you can consider folding as it makes the first two bets feel like bluff-inducements.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      PF: No need to raise 5bb from UTG, just raise 4 as usual

Flop: Against 2 I just fold here. Against 1 I would raise, but I think calling is the worst option (still possible I guess) since you dont even know if your A and K outs are clean. Hope that helps :)

As played turn is fine