$3,83
      Hero:
      $4,58
      MP2:
      $4,95
      BU:
      $14,35

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0,05, Hero calls $0,05, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0,10, 2 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, BB calls $0,05, UTG1 calls $0,05, Hero calls $0,05.

Flop: ($0,52) J:diamond: , T:spade: , 5:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0,40, MP2 calls $0,40, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,72) 4:club: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,75, UTG1 calls $0,75, Hero calls $0,75.

River: ($3,97) Q:club: (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $2,58 (All-In), Hero raises to $3,33 (All-In), MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9,13

Preflop: Ok, I shouldn't have called in early position :P , but let's continue, I want to learn..
      Flop: 15 outs on the flop, so i decide to bet and 2 ppl called.
      Turn: Here is where I'm not sure, i certainly have v good odds to call, but I could have raised too, right??
      River: I hit my straight, and although I was beaten by AK, I don't see villains holding AK and playing so passive so I push
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I am also a suited connectors addict :)

So, ignoring PF,

Flop - meh. Its not "the monster" draw as your drawing to the idiot end of the straight (low end of a 3-connected board), cant str flush and have no outs to your 8s / 9s. In terms of clean outs its more a 12-outer.

I would still bet it though.

Turn - that card doesnt help our strong draw at all. Betting or raising now would be overplaying our hand pretty severely. I call to see what the river brings.

River - we complete our idiot-straight. Well that just sucks for us because we are going to play bet-call hoping some idiot villain has 2p / trips and was slowplaying it. Cant give credit for AK here as AK no diamonds had just 7 clean outs, assuming a pair could win it for them, and only a loosey limpy idiot station would limp them then call along that far.

Unfortunately thats exactly what UTG1 is.

I hope you put a note on UTG1 and marked him as a fish :)

edit - given UTG1's stats (50 0 0.4 21) we have a very rough indicator that he is a loose passive. That shove is pretty scary. Still 21 hands at 0.4AF wouldnt have been enough to convince me he held the big str and id have still called. Maybe if he was 50 0 0.4 210 we could start to wonder (then call anyway as the idiot still probably has 2p).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Yes, you shouldn't be calling :P such hands are very hard to play from UTG. You will need very good postflop skills to play them. If you want to play them then raise them up but otherwise just fold. I would prefer fold.
      Flop: Betting is fine but still we don't have the best drawing hand, you have to watch out.
      Turn: Check/Call is the best option to play here as we don't want to get raised and be in marginal situation.
      River: Push, nothing much to do vs such opponent.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Preflop: Ok, I shouldn't have called in early position Zunge raus , but let's continue, I want to learn..
      Maybe not, but if the table is really passive (minraising is not aggressive), then it is not that bad. You usually get to play a multiway limped pot at passive fishy tables.