[NL2-NL10] nl10 AA

• Volrath89
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , A:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0,40, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($1,25) K:diamond: , T:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,80, Hero raises to $2,00, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,85

I don't know how to play overpairs on dry boards, was my play ok or should I have just called?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Board isnt dry - QJ (quite possible) J9 (possible) 79 (bit less possible) are all OESD against you, and UTG2 is a 50% VPIP so 1-gappers are definantly in his play range.

NH WP as played. Perhaps 60c preflop as you have two limps in front is the only difference from standard line.

You could just call-along flop but then you wont know where you stand. By raising the flop you define your hand's strength. A call from UTG2 then a check on the turn says "I have TP or a draw". A raise or call then bet-turn from UTG2 says "I have a set / hit my draw" and you can fold.

If instead you just call-along, you cant assign any strength to UTG2's hand when he 2nd barrels the turn though. It could be a set betting for value, a draw betting to decieve, TPTK thinking he is in front, or a pure air bluff - you have no idea. All you can do is call along or make your info-raise at a far higher price as its against a far larger pot, as well as having gifted the drawer another card.

So yeah, as played is easily best flop line here.
    • veriz

Nice hand, well played. You can't really give any free card here the board is kinda drawy, also you have to get value from Kx hands.

Best regards,