Stack
      SB:
      $10,40
      Hero:
      $10,20
      MP3:
      $9,45

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:club: , 7:diamond:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, 2 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,30) T:heart: , 9:heart: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,20, Hero raises to $0,40, MP3 calls $0,40, SB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($1,50) K:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,50, MP3 raises to $1,00, SB calls $1,00, Hero raises to $9,70 (All-In), MP3 calls $7,95 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($20,40) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20,40

Preflop: Prob. raise?
      Flop: Higher bet?
      Turn: Ok, I pushed expecting flushdraws to fold, but it didnt happen, not sure if I should have just called and pushed if the flush didnt complete or if i hit the full house?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Preflop - you can squeeze here. Both SB and MP3 can pay off at about call20 if they call a 50c bet.

Flop - dangerous flop. Even though you hit your set you need to protect it against a drawy board. Minraise does not protect anything from anyone, its a target painted on your back in a situation like this. Minraise for value if you think a minraise is all you will be called and you cannot easily be cracked (say A 7 2 rainbow board you could minraise someone who holds TPTK and expect them to call, but wouldnt expect them to call a proper raise).

So, flop instead of 40c we raise to 70c (double bet + pot) to make SB call a full-pot bet. Board is too drawy otherwise. If SB re-raises again or shoves we consider that he might have made a flopped str, but we can call with some outs to FH/4oak.

Turn we need protection desperately. Turn card completes a possible OESD (QJ) and opens a backdoor FD to spades. Raise here should be a full pot bet. After getting min-raised by MP3 and a caller we maniac-shove... bad play. We could already be behind (99 TT QJ J8 68 are all possible limp hands that beat you), but if we are in front we want to keep both callers in the pot to maximise our payoff. Our tiny raise on the turn kind of compromises our options as if we made an appropriate raise we could call and evaluate the river. If you wanted to re-raise here though an appropriate bet would have been $3.

Hypothetical river - im not one to give credit for a backdoor flush hitting here easily, but im afraid ive already lost to a str / bigger set. I block-bet and consider mucking to a shove.

You are silver, so read the protection bet article asap -

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1330/

That article is my favourite article to date on the entire site :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I would prefer to raise it up here.
      Flop: Your raise is a way too small, the board is very drawy and you have to raise potsize. So I would make it ~$0.70.
      Turn: Bet, you have to protect here. I would bet potsize. If we get raised then I would just call him down and reevaluate river.
      River: Blockbet/Fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu