Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,01
      CO:
      $4,53

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K:diamond: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 3 folds, CO calls $0,20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,47) A:spade: , J:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,35, CO calls $0,35.

Turn: ($1,17) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, CO calls $0,70.

River: ($2,57) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,70, Hero calls $0,70.

Final Pot: $3,97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Kd Ad)
      CO shows two pairs, aces and queens (Ac Qd)

CO wins with two pairs, aces and queens (Ac Qd)

Standard play on flop and turn, and on the river I didn't bet because I had only overpair and the pot was already kinda big so i was just following the rule "big pots for big hands", I called tho, because he didnt bet too hard, was this ok?
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      PFR - fine

Flop - slimy wet board. Gut str and flush draws. Bet could be a little bigger here - 40c to full pot. I like full pot to protect against someone who possibly has 13 outs (FD + gutshot).

Turn - This card stinks as it makes a backdoor flush draw and completes a gutshot straight, while opening up more OESDs. Bet bigger again. Id be firing my second full-pot here.

River - completes a nut str draw, though youd expect the only person drawing to it would be a nut (or holding KT spades). I think check-call is a reasonable line here for a very small bet. Check-fold if his bet gets too far past half a pot.

That rule needs adjusting. It should be "big pots for when you are in front!" :)

Make sure you put a note on players that do this as I believe anyone who often cold-calls trouble hands (AQ, KQ, KJ, AJ.. anything that can be TPGK but dominated by TPTK) is someone who you can consider aggressively stacking-off TPTK against in the correct situation (board is under their likely 2p range, eg A 7 6 2 9).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      River - completes a nut str draw, though youd expect the only person drawing to it would be a nut (or holding KT spades).
      KT spades would also be horribly played on this board by not raising flop...

Check-fold if his bet gets too far past half a pot.
      Most people will bet far beyond half potsize if they decide to make a riverbluff. If you are going for check/call you should be willing to call more than only half a potsize bet.