Must Have software?

• SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Hey guys, just started getting serious about online poker.

Just wondering what you guys are suggesting for MUST have software for tracking, HUD, stats.. calculators.. all that good stuff!

Thanks!
  • 11 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi...
      It is good to have a software to analyse you game and track results.

HUD is not needed for micro stakes. I think you can still beat NL50 w/o stats although stats do help a lot. I don't use them on NL20 or 25 and am doing alright on it so far.

Don't worry too much about it in the beginning since buying the software isn't that cheap.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      You can use the equilator to calculate hand equity.
      FPDB is a very nice and free tracking tool with HUD and graphs and tables.

And play to earn points so you can get the elephant license.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      http://www.pokerstove.com

Must have. It calculates equity for ranges, you see how any hand is doing against any hand/range. Very simple and faster than Equilator. NOt so fancy graphics though ;o

http://www.pokertracker.com

Must have. You can play without HUD, but the recorded hands that you can replay and view pot odds and equity (from Beta26, dl Beta 26!!) are vital for session reviews. 60days free trial.
      People say Holdem Manager is better, but it has short trial.

Elephant sucks compared to PT3 and HEM!

http://www.tableninja.com

Only Pokerstars. Not a must have, but it makes poker much easier. Allows you to set hotkeys and preset bet sizing, and automates annoyances like buying in and sitting at table...
      Its free beta, and it will allow you only to think about poker without distractions. Also a great base for your future multitabling if you decide to go for it.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Download elephant and equilator first. They are both free for all pokerstrategy members, and they are all you need to get started. Holdem Manager and Pokertracker are both superior to elephant - but they are more suited for advanced game analysis. Elephant is much better for beginners who want to look at hands played and post hands in the forum for evaluation.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by delete461
      Download elephant and equilator first. They are both free for all pokerstrategy members, and they are all you need to get started. Holdem Manager and Pokertracker are both superior to elephant - but they are more suited for advanced game analysis. Elephant is much better for beginners who want to look at hands played and post hands in the forum for evaluation.
      1) Pokerstove is much simpler, smaller faster and also free version of equilator ( I find it also easier to use).

2) Advanced hand analysis.... What PT3 and HEM give you extra is the Pot Odds and Equity viewed in the hand replay... Features virtually useless for advanced player, as you usually already know the pot odds just by a blink of the eye and also most Equities for majority of common hands.

But a beginner can see all pot odds and equities right away for any hand. Priceless imo!
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      MSPaint
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timukasr
      MSPaint
      +1
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      Originally posted by timukasr
      MSPaint
      +1
      Yeah its Priceless (love the red child like circles all over my graphs I make when I post my blog on Liquidpoker ;o)
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      take care
      there is a list of MUST NOT HAVE, if you use them you may get banned because some poker site don't accept
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LemOn36
      People who say HEM is better are talking about HEM vs PT2. PT3 has always been superior to HEM. (There were some speed problems with PT3 in early builds, but that is ancient history now.)

A good tracker and HUD (PT3, HEM, PT2/PAH) is definitely a must-have. You shouldn't deposit any money in a poker room until you've bought one.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by LemOn36
      People who say HEM is better are talking about HEM vs PT2. PT3 has always been superior to HEM. (There were some speed problems with PT3 in early builds, but that is ancient history now.)

A good tracker and HUD (PT3, HEM, PT2/PAH) is definitely a must-have. You shouldn't deposit any money in a poker room until you've bought one.
      but but but..... I am playing without.... :(
      Will buy HEM soon though haha