Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10.75
      Hero:
      $9.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 5:club: , T:club: , J:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.30, BB raises to $2.60, Hero calls $1.30.

Turn: ($6.05) K:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $7.75 (All-In), Hero calls $6.85 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($19.75) 6:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.75

Should I have folded on the flop, after his reraise?
      Given his stats, I should imagine he had pretty strong initial hand, right?
      I am behind if he has AA, KK, JJ or TT. Only against AK or AQ I am fine, but i doubt he would have reraised with that (maybe if both were clubs!?)...
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Be wary of donks. In most cases when a cold-caller PF donks into you postflop its a show of strength.

BB could be on a FD, possibly even TP + FD or OESD + FD. I think more likely youve been blown up by a set miner who doesnt protect very well (50c into 85c).

Given his stats there is no way this player had QQ+/AK as they would all be 3-bet, especially vs potential BU stealer. Call20 call along prospecting cards are far more probable (22-JJ, suited connectors).

As played yeah, you could probably release this to the min-re-raise on the flop. It would be very hard to not re-raise the 50c donk. Even though its only $1.30 to call into a $5.25 pot, you are drawing to 2 outs and a back door straight.

Once you got to the turn though there was no way you should have called that shove. Only thing you beat is a bluff, and OESD are dead outs against a flush, split outs against a str (Q9), so they really arnt outs anyway. Even worse two of the OESD "outs" are clubs, making them about the most disgusting river cards you could hope to see.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      Be wary of donks. In most cases when a cold-caller PF donks into you postflop its a show of strength.

BB could be on a FD, possibly even TP + FD or OESD + FD. I think more likely youve been blown up by a set miner who doesnt protect very well (50c into 85c).

Given his stats there is no way this player had QQ+/AK as they would all be 3-bet, especially vs potential BU stealer. Call20 call along prospecting cards are far more probable (22-JJ, suited connectors).

As played yeah, you could probably release this to the min-re-raise on the flop. It would be very hard to not re-raise the 50c donk. Even though its only $1.30 to call into a $5.25 pot, you are drawing to 2 outs and a back door straight.

Once you got to the turn though there was no way you should have called that shove. Only thing you beat is a bluff, and OESD are dead outs against a flush, split outs against a str (Q9), so they really arnt outs anyway. Even worse two of the OESD "outs" are clubs, making them about the most disgusting river cards you could hope to see.
      Hello,

Nice analyze!
      +1

Best regards,
      Rensu