a few SSS questions

• RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      1) How many hands do you most of you get through on a daily basis?
      2) To those of you who have succesfully moved up from the initial $50 to NL25 and above, how many hands did you play to get to this stage?
      3) I was looking at Gerv's Galaxy blog, and it seemed it took him a while before he was making profit and moving up, anyone got any success stories of moving up quickly?

Thankyou any other SSS things of note people wanna add feel free. :D Stats and such like.
  • 11 replies
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      1) If I 6 table I usually get through 1k hands in a day. 500 is easily attainable.

2) Can't really help you here I haven't been doing it long enough to give an accurate idea.

3) Its not a success story more a failure one. At first I played by the rules but with a few 'slight' modifications. Lost a lot of cash with the modifications. It is important especially at first to stick strictly to the rules if you want any hope of making a profit. At least until you get a decent idea of whats going on.
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Hi, RavForenzo

1)I try to hold to my rules- not more than 700 hands per session, not more than 4-5 lost BI and not more than 8 tables at once. But from time to time I break those, ofc.

2) I'm playing SSS for a bit more than 4 months (started 27.11.2008) now- so I'm neither a fast limit climber :) Started with 70$ at PokerStars, at 02.01.2009 got BR for NL25, and at 09.02.2009 moved to NL50 where I play now. After moving to NL25 I made myself a 50+ BI rule for next limit- at the moment my BR is around 45 BI for NL100 but in the near future not planing to move up, cause my game still have many many leaks :) So from first deposit at PS till today I have played around 77k hands in 4 months. Another interesting thing- when moved up a limit for first thousands of hands both times I was running sick hot!! :D So never was forced to move down.

So if even I can play profitable SSS at low limits, then everyone should be able to do this :)

Best regards

Jenoc
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      i've made until today around 15k hands, playing since december, i don't play too much hands per day, but when i play at party poker i try to earn 15-20 party points.

my today i have 25bi for Nl25 sss, due 50+100$ bonus =D
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      Hey guys thanks for your feedback on my questions..ive slipped down to bronze X( damn untracked Pokerstars account!!

Right well after much frustration grinding the SNG's ive gone back to SSS, yesterday I completed 5k hands, and today so far ive done 2.5k playing 18-20 tables so I can race through em. I'm upto $81.03 and by the sounds of it thats pretty decent (started at $50) - not my free 50 that went a very loooong time ago hehe.

So yeh I think I just wanted some of other people's experiences so I can keep the faith and keep grinding it out. I may start a blog at some point and get my Elephant graphs uploaded etc!
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      this is my graph of the last 2 days starting on the SSS,

if anyone has any comments, please let me know. If there is any obvious periods of pro-long downswing or whatever that I should be working on my game, or is it quite standard etc. Just to point out im not a beginner, I just preferred to play sit n go's for a while :)

• kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Nope i would say that the graph is good ;)
      $34 (17 stacks) is very good for a beginner and it looks like you have had the standard swings there as well :)

Good Luck and Keep it up :P
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      thanks i did mention i wasn't a beginner, dont let the bronze status fool..my pokerstars isn't my tracked account on PS unfortunately. I got my $50 at Mansion :(

but good to know it all looks okay. I do have a few leaks im looking at sorting, been far too aggressive with JJ and AK, AQ need to calm down with those hands unless I hit nicely. That's the next thing I wanna work on.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RavForenzo
      thanks i did mention i wasn't a beginner, dont let the bronze status fool..my pokerstars isn't my tracked account on PS unfortunately. I got my $50 at Mansion :(

but good to know it all looks okay. I do have a few leaks im looking at sorting, been far too aggressive with JJ and AK, AQ need to calm down with those hands unless I hit nicely. That's the next thing I wanna work on.
      Sorry lol, i didnt see the whole thread sorta skimmed it :P . I saw the graph and the bronze status and you were asking people things and i thought beginner =)

I can get through 1k hands on a daily basis when playing SSS, sometimes more. But this is 9-15 tabling and takes around 1.5 - 2 hours.
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      i get really bored if im not multi-tabling like at least 16 tables lol the SSS is obviously very easy for this kind of thing, the most ive managed is 24, and im thinking i could do more but i get fed up opening all of the tables constantly! and making sure i leave the ones where the numbers drop down suddenly. I think paying the blinds a lot is a bit of a killer when it comes to the SSS.

All seems to be going okay anyway, im fairly happy with this strategy, in the long haul it clearly works. You just have to be willing to put the hours in a suppose!
    • tonnek
      tonnek
      Bronze
      Which pokerroom do you play?
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      Pokerstars now, i realised that 24 is the max number of tables too after trying to do more the other day. My nickname on Stars is xalno, so if you come up against me, dont take my money! haha.

im ravforenzo on Mansion (my tracked account) but dont play there much at the min.

Update on my progress, i had a big downswing in 3000 hands and hit my lowest point of $38 for the roll. Now ive worked my way back to $76 and hopefully the downswing is behind me for now!