Account De-Activated / no captital

• jess2
      jess2
      Global
      Hi,
      I only registered this account to make this post and will not be attempting the quiz etc

I just wanted to say, I signed up to PS on Sunday, since then I've been waiting and stressing over the starting capital

Now, when I signed up on Sunday, after finding the site and printing the material, I also got my dad and his partner who lives with us to also sign up. We've all been playing on FTP (play money only) site for quite a while and we all regularly attend local pub games 2-3 times a week. We were all pretty excited as none of us have played online for real money before and looking forward to having a crack at it.

Now, not long after we all signed up we got emails requesting ID checks. At this point i thought about it and realized that as a security precaution this would be necessary since multiple accounts were activated from the same PC. However, having read over all terms and conditions, I could find nothing against this. Each of us separately passed the quiz and we each sent our own individual photo identification (we each scanned the front and back of our drivers licenses) and we each emailed these from our own individual email accounts.

I also posted a message on this board:
      security/ID Check
      Under my user ID until 20minutes ago, jessthehuman

I also mentioned this information in the tickets that I logged with the support system.

As a result of the thread mentioned there I also went to the effort of downloading/installing and activating an account on Titan poker.

As a result of this, I now have my FIRST FTP real money acct activated with this PS150 bonus code, meaning I cannot take advantage of any of the other similar free bankroll sites I have now discovered with my choice of poker platform, FTP. And same goes for Titan, although, to be honest, having now checked out the software, I'm not impressed with that either.

Further to this, I now look like a complete idiot in front of my Dad and his partner, who our now worried they've been scammed. As they were very reluctant to send their IDs over the internet (being of a much older generation). I persuaded them that the site was legit and it'd be fine (although if you check their ID emails, you'll see the word "COPY" imprinted over the licenses and transparent coloring as they figured this would stop it being mis-used, you will also note I did not to this)

Not only that, I feel that in my posts and tickets I have been transparent with everything, I have not been trying to falsify anything, I have given all the facts. In my first ticket, I mentioned this and I got a standard reply regarding ID check.

I've been honest and forward with all my statements, whilst from this site I have been given delayed, standard replies - that have led to stress and undue action (downloading titan) on my part.

I've found the service (not you SoyCD, you're fairly prompt and concise - but the "support" staff) utterly pathetic, not an hour before my account was activated I received a ticket telling me I've ALREADY BEEN ADDED TO TRANSFER LIST and to check my poker software.

All in all I'm incredibly disappointed and let down. And not only then, when i begun to suspect their may be issues after we all signed up an account - I looked around the net and discovered similar sites to this one, I however DID NOT SIGN UP TO THEM, because i only wanted one bankroll to manage and i gave this site the benefit of the doubt. Now I could have had a bankroll from a different site by now. instead I am at square one - but also having now signed up a real money FTP account - with ps code - not to mention I've gotten my dad & wendy to do the same - which really sucks - I feel like a fkn idiot now for getting them to do it - i also have titan software and ANOTHER real money account under my name.

I don't know what else to say, the most frustrating thing is, i guess it doesn't even matter.

I guess I just wanted to say, I've been nothing but HONEST and FAIR (maybe not patient) and given PS the benefit of the doubt and I've been nothing but f'd around and let down. and I've now also let down my dad now who's already stressing out about emailing his drivers license.

just disappointed/angry really. Because I've done the right thing. You guys have not - sugar coat it however you want, security reasons/etc - I've been transparent with my actions, you guys have been shifty and avoided the point on many occasions and have led me astray.

Oh and the other thing is, I really like this site, which is why i didnt sign up elsewhere for free bank roll, because I like the strategy element and focus of this site - was looking forward to being part of the community. And now, even without my starting cap, putting that aside, you've de-activated my whole account effectively banning me from the community for doing nothing at all wrong - and I don't even think I can express how that makes me feel - I almost feel guilty or dodgy or something - except I'm NOT in the wrong - it's a horrible feeling and I hate that i've been made to feel like this, when i've played by the book every step of the way and it's PS's side that has been giving me the run-around.

Anyway, if anyone, soycd, etc - would like to respond to this, or even a sincere apology, I'd really appreciate it, because at the moment, this is all pretty rotten. I hope someone at least reads this and maybe thinks about putting something in the terms and conditions about 1 acct per household or something - because I actually bothered to read them - and look where I am now.
  • 6 replies
    • west188
      west188
      Bronze
      Hi Jess(I assume that's your name, forgive me if i'm wrong)!

It's West188 again:) Just hear me out. From my experience pokerstrategy.com is the best outta any similar operating websites. Moreover I wouldn't even call it a "website" - it's really a community as you have mentioned b4.
      You got frustrated with the FTP "already having an account" issue - and that's understandable BUT - you shoud've checked that out with Poker Strategy b4 opening a real money account.
      Now look - that's is the ONLY issue you've had so far :) You've been kindly offered to chose a different platform where you would get you starting capital for sure - just a little more patience :) (some people r waiting 10 days or something like that).
      You feel that you've been forced to play on Titan but believe it or not after playing on Full Tilt I personally like it better. I blew away my starting capital on Full Tilt and opened an account with Titan(with no money in it) which offers freerolls for beginners every day. I won a coupla bucks in those and was eligible to participate in PokerStrategy weekly Bronze Freeroll (you need to have an account tracked to PS and have at least 1 strategy point generated from it). Two months later I finished 2-nd and got $110 - my second starting capital if you want :)
      Well I wanted to say a lot but I'm just to lazy to write:) so this is what I think - calm down (in a good way), re-open your account, get that money and start playing on Titan. Do not take anything personally - it's a lot of us on this side (members) and only so many of them (staff) on the other.
      With all respect,
      west188.
      P.S. BWT SOY CD is a very helpful person.
      P.P.S CHEER UP!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi jess,

First of all sorry for all of this mess. The reasons lie buried somewhere between Full Tilt & our own security processes that are in place to deal with multi-accounting.

As I stated in your original threads; I feared there would be problems with you having created new Full Tilt accounts (which as you can see in the Full Tilt terms and conditions is against the rules). Since not only you but also your parents all created multiple accounts at Full Tilt - it didn't exactly make the matter better - since you all ended up violating their T&C.

Since Full Tilt don't allow multiple accounts - or users to create new accounts in order to take advantage of our offering - this resulted in our transfers being rejected - and you being flagged for T&C violations. This in turn ended up in bans. Just placing the fault on us being "shifty" is therefore also not the whole truth. Its all in the terms & conditions of Full Tilt.

Since I understand your point & think this is a misunderstanding and not you trying to scam us (I also fixed our sign-up guide to eliminate future cases like this) I will talk to our support about re-activating your account and seeing that you can create a new account at another platform.

In the meantime just be patient please - since this isn't exactly a common day occurrence.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Don't worry my man, they will make it for you.

P.S. Pokerstars didn't require ID from me, go for it ;o
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Jess,

Its me again; I managed to quickly get a hold of a supporter and cleared your case. That means your jessthehuman account is re-opened and on the list for the Titan transfer.

It also means I will de-activate this second account of yours since you no longer need it.

While I understand your frustration; the problem was caused by T&C violations - which even if you are unaware of them - are never good when dealing with real money accounts. Since we are operating with a business model that deals with a lot of fraud and related problems - there are simply certain precautions we have to take to protect ourselves.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • jessthehuman
      jessthehuman
      Bronze
      wow, thank you, i honestly wasn't expecting that. Seriously thank you.

And i hadn't realised I'd violated FTP T&C. All just a mix up with their .org & .com software and I imagine the fact we (collectively dad, I and wendy) created 3 full tilt real money accts and so little time didnt help.

But, yeh, seriously thank you so much, that is so good - I take back all bad things that's really above and beyond :-)

5 stars for you SoyCD and PS in general

on a side note: I deleted TITAN last night lol, but I assume my account is still there ? I only deleted software. Should be no probs I imagine..

Anyway, thanks again really thanks
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jessthehuman
      wow, thank you, i honestly wasn't expecting that. Seriously thank you.

And i hadn't realised I'd violated FTP T&C. All just a mix up with their .org & .com software and I imagine the fact we (collectively dad, I and wendy) created 3 full tilt real money accts and so little time didnt help.

But, yeh, seriously thank you so much, that is so good - I take back all bad things that's really above and beyond :-)

5 stars for you SoyCD and PS in general

on a side note: I deleted TITAN last night lol, but I assume my account is still there ? I only deleted software. Should be no probs I imagine..

Anyway, thanks again really thanks
      Hey jessthehuman,

Yes your account is still there - and your account information should still be in the registration e-mails. If they aren't - its not that big an issue to recover them.

The money will probably arrive in your account by tomorrow.

No problem by the way. I hope to see you do good things with the starting capital and to increase your poker knowledge using the offerings on this site. I can especially recommend you download the Elephant and start posting hands in our Hand evaluation boards.

After clearing the bonus you can always (in case you don't like Titan) use one of our nice bonuses to move the capital to another site: The First Deposit Bonus Guide

Best regards
      SoyCD