Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO Hero ($23.45)
      BTN Isaquete ($14.67)
      SB mostarac11 ($14.20)
      BB Marby76 ($33.60)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 4 players) Hero is CO 7:spade: 7:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Marby76 calls $0.60

Flop: A:club: 6:diamond: 6:heart: ($1.70, 2 players)
      Marby76 bets $2, Hero folds

Final Pot: $1.70

Marby76 wins $3.62 ( won +$0.82 )
      Hero lost -$0.80

This may be really basic(if it is sorry for asking) but I didn't know what to do.

Should this decision be mainly on my reads of the player and their stats?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      It`s a tricky spot . I mean why would he overbet an Ace/6 on a completly dry board. Can`t put him on a hand here so I`m calling that bet and reevaluating turn , probably calling another shot if no T+ cards show up.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      It`s a tricky spot . I mean why would he overbet an Ace/6 on a completly dry board. Can`t put him on a hand here so I`m calling that bet and reevaluating turn , probably calling another shot if no T+ cards show up.
      Either this or reraise him on the flop. You still have some FE. I like to reraise as you can get more information on the hand.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Yup reraise flop is a good option too. Only thing is you fold lower PP or some random face cards he decides to go fancy with. Either way call or reraise is better than folding here. If you are folding 77 here it`s just like folding KK and it seems way to weak to me
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yeah exactly.

If we had 99 or TT, I'd like calling cause you can get value from smaller pairs. In this spot we only beat underpairs and I think he's donking with them less often here
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      As said, I prefer raising on this board, as it hits you often enough as PFA.While sc with a hand like KK may be a valuable option, we're giving outs to broadway cards or smaller PPs to have us beat by the turn or river.Another disadvantage is that we'd have to fold on most of the turn cards against a second barrel. So just raise/fold to a shove.
      Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]