Strategy for 1Rebuy + 1Addon

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Are these played like any other... I have played in 2 of these types of events 2.25 1R+1A of which i finished 2nd out of 1046 players and I played in a smaller 1.25 satelite 6/78 which I cashed in. This is most likely just being lucky alittle bit.. but I seem to find that these tournys have lots of very loose players early who just shove the first hand then rebuy... and the rest of the players are real Nits... I seem to find that if I play tight early and wait for a real monster (which i usually get paid off with) then once everyone starts tightening up near the first break (also the add-on phase) I start to play alittle agreesive once we come out of the break keep up the pressure and I can find myself with a decent enough stack size where I don't have to make alot of risky moves. Is this sort of the right idea?

BTW.. i always double buy in right away and always add-on
  • 4 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      BTW.. i always double buy in right away and always add-on
      this, rebuy right away and it's a normal mtt only that you can add-on.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      These tourneys seem to have larger prize pools or maybe it just seems that way since its written as a $2.25 buyin lets say for example but a good player will spend 2.25 + 2 +2 = 6.25... but I think at these lower stakes theres alot of fish attracted to these because its a low buyin and they just go all in the first hand and then rebuy no matter what.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      yes, they do that , which is stupid, why do you want to bust right away and rebuy instead of rebuying right away? usually going all in with any2 ends up with paying 2 buyins for a single stack :D

good thing there are fish like that
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      These tourneys tend to be pretty skillful (at least $22s are). The prizepool is bigger and you have bigger stacks and less maniacs than in normal rebuy (due to having only one rebuy). I played one time many of them. I don't know why (probably because of lack of motivation) I always lost and busted before the money (I think I have lost about $600 with them).

You need to be focused and at your top game to ship one of those. These are probably better for cash players because of deep stack play. The right strategy is of course to rebuy at the beginning play TAG or what ever style you like and then add-on. Those are long tourneys so patience is needed. Like I said there are less people who go all-in with ATC so I'd keep my preflop all-in shove tighter than usual.