HEY HEY HEY!!! from Canada

• Catemu
      Catemu
      Bronze
      My Poker Biography:

:spade: Until October last year I had no idea on how to play poker.
      :diamond: I started getting the basics of Texas Hold'em on a facebook application. I really liked the game so I wanted to keep learning. Read lots of guides but most of them go in an out of my head like flies, I have a terrible memory, can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday.
      :club: Then I came to the conclusion that if I really liked the game in order to learn all the aspects of it I would have to play for real money. There was no seriousness with play money.
      :heart: I nervously joined Party Poker at the 0.02/0.04NL tables. Once, by mistake I joined a 0.05/0.10NL table and before I knew it my $2 had turned into like $20 :D .

I've probably made over $700 in my short career, but guess what, my bankroll at party poker is like $40 :D . Last week I had like $0.59 left and managed to get it up to $20 in two days. As you can see, I am learning the game and loving it. I keep reading and playing; this elephant thingy is cool, I find it useful already, it's already telling that I play too many cards. So, I'm gonna stick to the Poker Strategy Starting table, and let me tell you, its gonna be hard :D .

Cheers.
  • 7 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Greetings from a fellow Canadian where are you exactly I'm on the west coast in BC... a few things; memory is a very important tool (you can get away with it because of notes and things online though) because you want to remmeber history vs other players and you want to remmeber the way specfic hands were played, also the most important thing to being a succeful poker player is BRM (Bank Roll Managment) know how to stay within your limits so you dont end up loosing a large peice of your Bankroll. Stick to the strategy that they are teaching on PS and you will be succesful, take the time to read the articles, watch videos listen to coachings also Post hands that you had problems with and you will get answers from other poker players. Best of luck to you.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      From Ontario, myself, play on Titan mostly, but also on Party and Stars and Supreme.

Elephant is amazing. Can't wait to get the license for it when I get to 1000pts

Good luck! Welcome aboard
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Hey Crabman!
    • Catemu
      Catemu
      Bronze
      Thank you all for your welcomes and tips. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I know that good memory is critical in the career of poker; I guess it doesn't help if I have a three and a one year old jumping around while I try to make a decision on whether to call, fold, or raise! :D

Regards
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Catemu
      Thank you all for your welcomes and tips. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I know that good memory is critical in the career of poker; I guess it doesn't help if I have a three and a one year old jumping around while I try to make a decision on whether to call, fold, or raise! :D

Regards
      Hey, I'm actually in Brampton...very close. I understand the issue with the kids though. Why I bought a dog ;) Keeps the kid under control, but took forever to train her.
    • F1LTHYST3M
      F1LTHYST3M
      Bronze
      Hey fellow Canadians! I live in Peterborough, Ontario. Just joined pokerstrategy 2day...no complaints so far...actually where else can u answer a poker quiz and get a free $150 starting capital! Awesome!

To Catemu, I know how you feel with children bouncing around ya well your trying to make a decision on a poker table, I have a 2 year old and it seems that he only comes to bother me when i'm in a huge pot or trying to figure out if I'm being bluffed! lol

Looking forward to upgrading my poker play here at PS with the videos and coaching tips (great ideas) and meeting lots of new ppl!

See everyone at the tables!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey F1LTHYST3M and welcome! ;)

For all of those who havent yet joined it; there is a group in our community tool for members from Canada: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/group/g132/PokerStrategy_Canada.html

Although the tool doesn't yet support a message board; it should come in the future ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD