[NL2-NL10] KTs

• shivas80
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, T.
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.04, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.14) 3, K, T (3 players)
      BB bets $0.07, MP1 calls $0.07, Hero calls $0.07.

Turn: ($0.35) K (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25.

River: ($1.10) J (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.05, BB folds, MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.10.

What a day today... i donno, played total 700 hands, in first 200 i was in nice 1.5 stack + and then... downswing, loosing KK agaist AK, losing FH vs FH... ended day -1.2 stacks...
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      Raise flop here is a must on a wet board like that and 3 way pot. You have to protect and get value from FD SD and Kx type of hands . I would consider raising it to about 0.5 right there. MP1 would shove a draw there almost every time and you can still get call from BB sometimes with worse hands.

As played I bet pot on turn seeing as draws would still call very often and very small bet on river like 1/3 pot seeing as the only hand you could possibly get value are T or J and those wont call more
    • Jaissica
      Fold preflop. KTs is not a good speculation hand. If you pair you can be outkicked too often. 45s-9Ts are far better for this reason alone, leave alone straight outs.

You probably need to raise flop, both to pressure flush draws, get value from Kx and get info from 33 (who would either re-raise or call then bet turn). Raise to 35c would be appropriate (double bet + pot = 35c)

Turn - as played

River - as Bog said, 1/3rd pot might get you a call from someone who has a bad hand such as one of the middle pairs. You dont need to bet harder as bigger hands that you beat (33, AQo, K + GK) are likely to re-raise your "blocking" bet here and you will be able to re-raise their raise and expect a call. So we bet 1/3rd pot which acts as both a value bet vs Tx Jx and as a raise induce vs AQ 33 Kx.
    • Faye6891
      Hi shivas80,

Calling is fine, but another option (and one that I like more) is to raise here. You don't have a big hand, but it's a decent hand and you got position, by raising you'll also have initiative post-flop.
      But I have to disagree with Jaissica here, the hand is not a premium hand, but it's too good to be folded IP.

A raise here is mandatory, there's a raiser and a caller so it's very likely someone is drawing here and you have to protect your hand (and also to get some value out of a K). I'd say $0.40 is a nice amount.

I like the way you played here. You could've bet more though, since players call bigger bets on draws in these stakes.

I'd bet smaller here. A King or a straight (or any other hand better than that) are unlikely here, and as BogdanDin7 pointed out, a T or a J (or another smaller PP) won't call too much here. I'd bet something ~$0.40, you might even induce one of them to bluff.

@Jaissica: IMO, a "block" bet here on the river won't act as a raise induce against AQ, 33, Kx, these hands would probably lead out on the river, but if they check they are going to raise anyway no matter how much hero leads out here.
      Unless hero is up against a very (I mean... 10000³ x very) passive (and stupid... with the multiplier) player. :P
      You would've played the river the same way, but I don't agree with this point of yours.

I hope I didn't make it too complicated either. :D

@shivas80: Don't worry about winning or losing, just make sure you're playing correctly. Swings are part of the game, I've had worse downswings in a day, you'll probably have them too. :P
      But don't let them influence your ability to make the right decisions. ;)