General question about coldcalling with AK

• deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      I hear its a good move early game to get action from hands that are dominated, when we hit the flop. But if we dont hit, and the flop is innocent, how do I commence?
      For example, lets say the flop is 5 7 2 rainbow and villlan bets between third or half pot, do we call?
      Just you and villain in the pot and both are middle stacked (villain's bet is like 1/13 stack)
  • 4 replies
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Sounds kinda like a specific situation you have encoutered. If so, then go ahead and post it in the sample hands forum :)
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      Indeed, but I don't have the hand history. and I shouldnt post it like this I think
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I usually just fold after his cbet. If you call you will never hit on the turn anyway and will have to fold then. If you reraise you will just pay off the better hands and get no additional value out of worse hands.
      After calling preflop you can basically only play the hand when you hit othewise you can fold it after having invested only a few chips.

Or that's my opinion anyway...
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Just fold on flop if you don't hit, if you coldcall preflop you don't have the initiative in the hand anyway. You can't really call with overcards unless he gives you extremely good odds.