Downswing on weekend

• jpbothawyn777
      jpbothawyn777
      Bronze
      Hi
      I had a huge downswing 4 3 days this weekend on the .50/1 tables.

I would like to know how ur table selection would change and ur play will change. Would u select very pasive tables like tables whose av pot is small and should u play alot less hands ( only prem hands). even if u r on the button. i know i am a emotional person and when u get a few bad beats i loose my head and maybe play a bit looser. (that is a problem i am working on)

Thank you
  • 5 replies
    • Blinzler
      Blinzler
      Bronze
      when you play, play maximum +ev, don't change your game. If your game changes due to the beats, take a break.
      Anything else is -ev.
      Btw, how many bets did you lose?
    • jpbothawyn777
      jpbothawyn777
      Bronze
      i lost about 180 bb which is the most i ever lost. When i lose all the money i put in i stop and come back later but this wekend nothing went my way. I will do as u say and hopefully keep my losses at minimum when i am at a downswing thank you.
    • Milchmann
      Milchmann
      Black
      180BB is already alot but shit like this will happen to you more often in the future. that's poker

wait till u have your first 400 BB down ;)
      Sometimes (i say sometimes) such huge downswing come from too aggressive play. If you have mental problems handling such downswings then it COULD help if you play a bit more tight and not that aggressive.

Im just speculating! Actualy i dont know your playing style :)
      But perhaps it is a hint that could help.

Kind regards,
      Stefan
    • CentreFold
      CentreFold
      Bronze
      Sitting down at more passive tables can actually help since it prevents you from engaging in raising wars. Moreover, playing against passive opponents is simpler: if they move, you back off.

You should take this DS as an incentive to check on your game. You certainly have a few leaks. Those aren't the reason for your DS necessarily, but it never hurts to fix them.
      Things I have noticed about my play after bad beats are mostly desperate bluffs and stuff like that. Betting every street to make someone fold. And doing so every hand I'm involved in. I burned quite a lot of money this way. Maybe you are doing the same or something similar.

Be patient.