Interesting FTP sign-up issue

• barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Hi,

just wanted to share with you what has happened to me when I tried to sign-up at Full Tilt Poker. Yesterday, I wanted to create an account (for the FIRST time) at FTP, but when I submitted the registration form an error message popped up saying my email address was already in use and that I should contact customer support. Well, what the heck I thought to myself and started writing an email to their account support telling them what has just happened. An hour or so later I received a reply saying something like this:

Hello Josh (not my name), you're allowed to have only one account opened at the same time etc. Your primary account XXX is the only account you are permitted to use. We have also closed your other accounts - list of approx. 15 account names.

Now I was starting to feel really confused. What is going on here? I replied to this email explaining that: 1) my name is not Josh, 2) I've never signed up at FTP before, let alone to create multiple accounts there.

Today I've received another reply, this time from a guy from Financial Security.

We feel we have been more than accommodating in answering emails from you on this subject in the past. At this time, we must advise you that, while we will be more than happy to answer your questions or concerns on any other topic, we will no longer be responding to any correspondence from you regarding this account multiple issues.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Wow, just wow. :O Don't feel like replying again to this email, I wouldn't get an answer probably anyway. Well, I don't know what kind of sh*t they're smoking there, but it must be pretty strong :D Time to search for another poker room I guess :tongue:

Best,
      BH
  • 8 replies
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      You're probably possessed, Josh.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Crazy shit. Do you use some free email which if you stop using it lets say 3 months anyone else can make it? That could be the only explanation why that email was already used.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Maybe you have a generic email address or something that somebody decided he was going to use so he could scam some site for starting capitals or something
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      I have my email at hotmail.com. The thing is it's like 3 months old at most.

Now they've sent me another email, requesting id card, proof of address etc. I don't see a reason to send it to them though, what would they do with it? How would it solve my issue? I wouldn't be surprised if I would then get dragged into some fraud/abuse thing.

I wish everyone better luck signing up at FTP than I had.

Best,
      BH
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Maybe someone used your e-mail for some kind of scam and now they are asking for some kind of verification since you're saying it's the first time you're singing up.

If you're not comfortable with that you could try creating another e-mail account and use it to sign-up at FTP.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by barrelhead
      I have my email at hotmail.com. The thing is it's like 3 months old at most.

Now they've sent me another email, requesting id card, proof of address etc. I don't see a reason to send it to them though, what would they do with it? How would it solve my issue? I wouldn't be surprised if I would then get dragged into some fraud/abuse thing.

I wish everyone better luck signing up at FTP than I had.

Best,
      BH
      If you want to play there and it is worth your time you just reply to their email
      and explain you would rather deal with someone over the phone because of
      the sincere confusion on Full Tilts part. You would not feel comfortable sending in your
      private ID if they think your name is Josh.

IDK about Full Tilt but I can tell you for sure Pokerstars would be happy to phone you.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Does Pokerstars have a policy regarding multiple accounts? Cause I searched for it and couldn't find it anywhere. I created around 5 accounts or something like that. Not that I use any of them, though.
    • ChristaBerner
      ChristaBerner
      Bronze
      From Pokerstars homepage:

5. PROHIBITED USES

5.1. SOFTWARE MODIFICATIONS. User may not attempt to modify, decompile, reverse-engineer or disassemble the Software in any way.

5.2. PERSONAL USE. The Service is intended solely for the User's personal use. The User is only allowed to wager for his/her personal entertainment. Under no circumstances shall a User be permitted to use his/her "real money account" with PokerStars for any purpose other than for using the Service. The User must provide full and truthful information in respect of all details and information provided by the User to PokerStars and the User is obligated to update such details in the event of any change thereto. A User may only have one account with PokerStars and shall only use the Service using such single account. Furthermore a User shall not permit another person to use the Service via his account.