[NL2-NL10] quad sixes

• Gunstar1337
      Gunstar1337
      Bronze
      Hi

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6, 6 (Comment)
      3 folds, Hero calls $0.04, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.10) 9, 6, 6 (2 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.10) 7 (2 players) (Comment)
      BB bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

River: ($0.18) 9 (2 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB folds.

Final Pot: $0.38

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows four of a kind, sixes (6s 6h)

Hero wins with four of a kind, sixes (6s 6h)

How to play this situation right? I had the nuts from the flop and didn't want to scare him off. So I waited him to raise when he hits something... But he didn't and i raised myself. He folded. I had similar situations many times, please give be an advice how to win more cash holding the nuts.

Regards
      DK
  • 6 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      This is the shortstack strategy section...
      You hands is for the BSS bronze section...

But still

Don't Open limp in MP3, CO, BU (you can even don't OL at all)

Bet 7-8c on the flop (you are in a limped pot and you want to build the pot)
      If he has a nine or a pocket pair he is at least calling, if he don't have nothing, if he don't hit on the turn you can get nothing from him...

as played Reraise turn

River is fine on NL4 (bet sizing)

Best regards,
      Kukki
    • Gunstar1337
      Gunstar1337
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

I often limp with pairs. Why don't I raise? Simply because I'm afraid that someone behind me has a better hand. If I understand right, then there is a very big for them to hit something preflop if everyone before them has folded.
      Correct me if i'm wrong

Sorry for my magical english

regards
      DK
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      I did not understand what are you talking about, but one is sure...
      If you are afraid to make raises you will be a losing player
      NL is all about aggression, aggression, aggression....

At least until you are good enough to play differently :D
    • Gunstar1337
      Gunstar1337
      Bronze
      Well yeah, I'm afraid to raise with 66, because I'm very easily beat and it you can't bluff a person with JJ on these limits
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gunstar1337
      Well yeah, I'm afraid to raise with 66, because I'm very easily beat and it you can't bluff a person with JJ on these limits

You best work on that bolded part. Good players smell fear and will beat you up with it. At the very least, mix up your play, limping one hand and raising the next, keep them guessing. But don't ever be afraid to win money, even if you end up losing.
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Let me have a stab at this...

I think you should raise preflop with this hand if you play big stack strategy. And a few things could happen:

1. Everyone folds and you take the blinds

2. One person calls you and then you have the initiative, you bet on the flop again qnd they could fold and you take the pot. If they call you then your hand is over and you could check/fold because there will be overcards.

3.Someone re-raises you and depending on the implied odds you get you could call, hoping to hit your quads and take his stack.

So raising your pocket pair gives you initiative, making you play agianst less oponnents and builds the pot. If you play SSS then you dont have enough implied odds to play this hand and should therefore fold it on lower limits

Lets see what the judges say.