[NL20-NL50] NL25 Full over Full

• jotap27
      jotap27
      Bronze
      0,1/0,25 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:diamond: , T:club: . CO posts a blind of $0,25.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,25, MP1 calls $0,25, MP2 calls $0,25, Hero calls $0,25, CO checks, BU folds, SB calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,75) T:spade: , 8:spade: , 6:heart: (7 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP1 bets $0,25, MP2 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $2,20, 5 folds, MP2 calls $1,95.

Turn: ($6,40) J:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $2,25, MP2 calls $2,25.

River: ($10,90) J:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $7,00, MP2 raises to $14,00, Hero raises to $20,00 (All-In), MP2 calls $6,00.

Final Pot: $50,90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, tens full of jacks (Td Tc)
      MP2 shows a full-house, jacks full of eights (8h Jd)

MP2 wins with a full-house, jacks full of eights (8h Jd)
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would raise preflop and try to get HU or at least 3way pot. As played either check behind turn or bet more , I don`t see the point of that 1/3 bet IP. As played get it all in on river is standard
    • jotap27
      jotap27
      Bronze
      Hi BogdanDin7,

Thanks for your answer. I agree with you. This hand, analysed alone, seems that i have made some dumb moves.

But i need to add a little more info. I had raised the previous 3 hands and decided to make a tricky move by just limpin in with so many limpers. Only the perfect flop would keep me in. And the flop was good for me. Nevertheless, i made a big raise to put competition with Flushes and str8s draws out. Only one caller (the MP2). Thats exactly the player i wanted to keep playing because this player stats (with 35 hands played) were 90/10/0,3 !!!!

Thats why my bet on the turn was so small, i didn't wanted to scare my opponent. He was the perfect call station. His range was the whole deck.

I bet 7$ on the river hoping he had hit trips or had Q9 and re-raise. well, he had the nuts !!!

Nevertheless, i agree that i should have bet more on the turn but he wouldn't have folded. A call station with 2 pairs doesn't fold any bet (except an all in, i guess).

Regards
      JP
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      If you wanted to go fancy that`s ok . However if he is such a calling station then you should bet turn even more often because stations will call you with everything from a middle pair with fd kind of hands maybe even less and you want to get value from them . He wont scare away if he has any kind of hand
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer raise pf. TT is not nuts which you should play pf, and likely he would call anywaym, since you raised 3 times in a row.
      I would bet turn 5$.
    • jotap27
      jotap27
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

After 3 limpers i decided to also limp in because i believed that (if raise) i would get called by at least 2 players (because i had raised the previous 3 hands), and a flop with one overcard would scare me against more than one opponent.

But i agree that the standard play is to raise. No dough about that.

Regards
      JP